We're looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Kier Professionals Services team based in Manchester. Within this role you can enjoy 26 days annual leave, sharesave scheme, family friendly policies and even more.
Salary: Competitive + benefits
As a Senior Engineer, you'll be working within the Kier Professional Services team, supporting with the delivery of a broad range of MEICA related services in both Temporary and Permanent Works throughout the Kier business. You will also contribute to the delivery of more complex services by providing solutions which are safe and buildable (in both their temporary and permanent states), above all other considerations.
Your day to day will include:
- Permanent Works
- Temporary Works design and checking, above and below ground in all materials, integrated with Permanent Works design as applicable
- Production of intelligent BIM models to support tender schemes and project delivery, raising capability and performance in delivery of intelligent BIM models, integration with other core design services, leveraging BIM capability to upsell other services
- Tender and bid winning support including outline design schemes, feasibility studies, production and evaluation of concepts; focussed on buildability, efficiency and innovation; enabling cost estimates to be developed
- Delivery of alternative solutions and value engineering, enhancing Kier’s competitive position
What do we need from you?
This role of Senior Engineer is great for you if:
- You are a technician or incorporated member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. EngTech MICE, IEng MICE, etc.)
- You have five years relevant postgraduate experience
- You hold a Full driving licence
- Valid CSCS card
We're all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferable skills are always welcome! So even if you don't tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat. We want to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences, and we especially encourage those from underrepresented communities to get in touch with us.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please get in touch at InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk to discuss and arrange these.
Benefits at Kier
We're proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
- new and enhanced family friendly policies, including eight weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, menopause guidance and more.
- professional subscription - you will get one professional subscription funded to support your professional development.
- pension - you will be able to join the Kier Retirement Savings Plan (KRSP)
- Kier rewards - You will have access to discounted shopping including restaurants, insurance companies, and supermarkets.
- employee referral scheme - refer a friend or family member to work for Kier
And so much more! You can read the full details of all of our benefits on our website: www.kier.co.uk/careers/rewards-benefits
Who is Kier?
We’re made up of six business units, Group Functions, Construction, Highways, Infrastructure, Utilities and Property, and as a group, our purpose is to sustainably deliver construction and infrastructure services which are vital to the UK. Take a look at our sustainability objectives: https://www.kier.co.uk/sustainability/
At the core of all our projects is technical excellence, utilising the latest building methods and innovations to ensure we offer the best value to our clients as sustainably as possible.
Our projects are those that support the local communities we work in, helping them thrive and progress. We are collaborative, trusted and focussed in all that we do, and our people are essential in helping us achieve our goals.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies and initiatives.
You can see more about our D&I action plan here: https://www.kier.co.uk/media/6668/di-roadmap-2021.pdf
Closing Date: 08 March 2023
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.