Description - Internal
We’re looking for a Lead Water Technician to join our Utilities, South West Water team no days are the same. Within this role, you will be responsible for co-ordinating and ensuring that all work is carried out safely and to programme.
Kier Utilities brings the built environment to life, keeping people and businesses connected. In this role, you will be working on our South West Water contract, where we work on repairs and maintenance services to provide reliable, efficient, and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services.
In the role of Lead Water Technician, you will report to the Manager. The successful post-holder will be responsible for undertaking installations, repairs and maintenance work to provide high quality, ‘right first time’, cost effective building services to the business and its customers.
Location: Crownhill Depot, Plymouth
Contract: Permanent – Full time
The role of Lead Water Technician will be depot based, ensuring safety of site, self and colleagues, quality of work and production.
- Identify and undertake technical work as directed
- Ensure levels of productivity working within timescales and to targets.
- Undertake Fault finding and diagnostic work
- Carry out inspections and testing on existing installations
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is processed and systems are completed in a timely manner
- Conduct work in accordance with the required specification current legislation, British Standards, Codes of Practice, safe systems of work and recognised industrial standards for such work
Who are we looking for?
- You do need to have previous Utilities experience.
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
- Holds relevant qualifications (i.e. NVQ or equivalent, Asbestos Awareness)
- Holder of appropriate CSCS card
We’re all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferable skills are always welcome! We want to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences, and we especially encourage those from underrepresented communities to get in touch with us.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please get in touch at InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk to discuss and arrange these.
Closing date: 17th April 2023
Please click apply or send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits at Kier
We’re proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
- new and enhanced family friendly policies, including eight weeks paternity, leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, menopause guidance, and more
- A competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Kier’s Green Car Scheme
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many of your favourite brands
And so much more! You can read the full details of all of our benefits on our website: www.kier.co.uk/careers/rewards-benefits
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies and initiatives.
You can see more about our D&I action plan here: https://www.kier.co.uk/media/6668/di-roadmap-2021.pdf
Please note, that interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.