We’re looking for a Senior Planner to join our Highways team based in the North-West. Within this role, you can enjoy private healthcare, company car or car allowance, competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave and even more.
Can you imagine a world without roads or bridges? Nor can we! Your journey is our journey, come and join us at Kier Highways and make a difference. Connecting roads, connecting people.
Location: Based out of one of our offices in North-West, Penrith, Carlisle, Manchester, Liverpool remote working available, with occasional travel to the office required
Contract: Permanent Fulltime – flexible and part-time hours available if desired, just let us know
As a Senior Planner, you’ll be working within the Highways team. You will be responsible for all aspects of planning, phasing, coordination and sequencing for our tenders and live projects, including the incorporation of design, procurement and pre-construction activities into a fully integrated, logic linked programme.
Your day to day will include:
- Working on successful tenders with the on-site delivery teams taking responsibility for production of realistic and robust construction programmes, regular progress updates, schedule monitoring and reporting
- Be able to apply practical experience with planning/scheduling knowledge to identify opportunities and challenges to the project schedules and develop mitigation plans
- Responsible for effective communication of the project planning/scheduling information and performance measures to engineering, project/construction management teams and internal and external stakeholders
- Provide tutoring and guidance to junior team members in established planning/scheduling procedures and guidelines.
What are we looking for?
This role of Senior Planner is great for you if:
- Strong experience of industry standard planning software; Primavera P6, TILOS or similar
- Previous experience in development of tender programmes, based on works information and input provided by the supply chain, working alongside the bid team
- Knowledge of construction programme development and maintenance
We’re all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferable skills are always welcome! So even if you don’t tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat. We want to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences, and we especially encourage those from underrepresented communities to get in touch with us.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please get in touch at InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk to discuss and arrange these.
We’re proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
- new and enhanced family friendly policies, including eight weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, menopause guidance, and more
- A fantastic matched pension scheme
- Share in the success you help to create by investing in Kier through our Sharesave and Share Incentive Plans.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Green Car Scheme
And so much more! You can read the full details of all of our benefits on our website.
Who is Kier?
As a leading UK infrastructure services, construction and property group, our purpose is to sustainably deliver construction and infrastructure services which are vital to the UK.
Our projects are those that support the local communities we work in, helping them thrive and progress. We take pride in bringing specialist knowledge, sector leading experience and fresh thinking to all that we do.
We are collaborative, trusted and focused, and we will empower you to achieve your career goals, and listen to your thoughts, ideas and challenges.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies and initiatives. You can see more about our D&I action plan here.
Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to complete a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check (applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case-by-case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant’s criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us). Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Closing Date: 7 April 2023
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
Find other similar jobs