Location: Malaysia Remote Working / 100% Home Based (You must permanently live in Malaysia, without work restrictions to apply for this position)
Pay Rate: USD $9 per hour (Paid via PayPal Monthly)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: 12 month contract with an extension highly likely - Self-employed contractor. Responsible for own taxes.
Line Manager: Rocio Casares
Recruiter: Sarah Jane Dalzell
First things first! What is Twinkl? What is Twinkl’s mission?
Twinkl is here to “help those who teach.” It's what brings us to work every day. We're proud to create educational resources that can be used at each step of a child's learning journey.
Our award-winning resource collection - created by teachers for teachers - provides unlimited supplementary digital and printable teaching resources at an unbeatable value.
We have over a million resources, and new content is added every day. Don’t see what you need? Just ask! We make bespoke resources for our members as part of our world-class customer service promise to help those who teach.
We support educators and children across Asia and around the world, and we’re committed to transforming lives through education.
Whoever you are, whatever you teach, Twinkl is here for you!
Here at Twinkl we are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to join the entrepreneurial teams which comprise Twinkl’s core customer segments. You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development and growth of our Singapore community.
You'll start as a solo marketeer, connecting with customers directly via a variety of different communication channels to highlight and demonstrate the benefits of Twinkl's Singapore Products and resources. You'll be moving into this position as a team of one with the support of many, so you’ll need to take a rapid iterative approach, employing different marketing and business development techniques to get the message out to customers. You'll be the person responsible for defining, building and managing the right team to support user growth within the Singapore customer segment. You will be commercially minded and comfortable in making decisions on where to pursue opportunities. You will be responsible for reporting monthly and quarterly in line with business expectations.
This is a very varied role that involves both proactive strategic planning and reactive work as you pivot and respond to the demands of your growing market.
A typical week could involve any of the following:
- Showing tenacity and drive, going above and beyond to reach new customers and build your market;
- Business management and strategy to put plans in place to help achieve our ambitious growth targets for the Singapore market. Work with Managers from different countries across the business to understand what’s working and how we can improve;
- Researching and developing innovative concepts within the market, including teaching resources for Singapore educators;
- Be connected with Singapore’s community of educators, to make sure we understand what they need, so we can deliver accordingly;
- Creating the newsletter for Singapore, posting engaging content across different social media channels.
- Identifying potential partnership opportunities.
You will work with:
- International Managers
- Country Managers
- Content Creation Team
To succeed in the role, you will have the following skillset:
- Excellent / Fluent written and verbal English language skills.
- Excellent / Fluent written and verbal Chinese language skills (Mandarin or Chinese Dialects)
- Experience and knowledge of the education system in Singapore & Curriculum used in Singapore is highly desirable;
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset and a propensity for action;
- A strong marketeer;
- Sound decision-making skills and diligence when seizing new opportunities;
- Commercially astute and a strategic thinker;
- Ability to communicate a shared vision and motivate individuals and a team;
- Methodical, highly organised, accurate and execution focused.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Build a thriving social media community for educators, and hit specific growth and engagement targets for that community each month.
- Increase revenue and hit specific growth targets.
- Increase new customers and hit specific growth targets.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities.
Here are some of the things that make Twinkl a great place to work:
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun, and we always put people before the process.
- Flexible work-from-home positions.
- Diversity, inclusion, and belonging. Our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, People of Color, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech, and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD). Our ever-evolving program includes monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats, and mentoring.
- Collaboration across continents! You’ll plug into a global team working to help improve the lives of educators around the world.
We want to ensure that everyone has an equal chance to demonstrate their abilities to us. To let us know about any support/adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and information on how we will provide this, please use this form
Please note, any individual has the option to request reasonable adjustments. However, it is not mandatory when submitting your application.
Our Recruitment Process: