Software Engineering Manager
Flextock is a YC-backed company focused to power the next generation of commerce in the region by offering e-commerce merchant the ability to scale their online businesses on demand. For local online merchants, we leverage technology to efficiently fulfill and deliver their orders through our network of last mile providers.
Flextock is a purpose driven company on a mission to enable more than 1 million merchants in Africa and the Middle East to sell online without carrying out the hassle of running their own operations.
Join Flextock and help build the next generation of e commerce in the MEA, Flextock software engineering team is designing and developing ground-breaking products that makes that happen.
As a Software Engineering Manager you will lead teams to develop cutting-edge tech products that enable e-commerce business for everyone. Your work will help your teams achieve their highest performance by continuously coaching them on how to overcome everyday impedance, working with other engineering managers to facilitate and deliver the highest quality output.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead the software development teams in Egypt, in the design and implementation of cloud-based applications. Candidates should have a strong experience in cloud architecture and technologies.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of Flextock products road map by driving the architecture, design, and delivery processes to achieve the highest quality and effectiveness of the teams involved. You will also be responsible for growing and shaping highly skilled cross functional teams to make that happen.
● Build and lead a group of cross-functional software squads of 4 to 6 of cross functional software engineers, driving the agility and autonomy of these squads during their day-to-day activities.
● Manage, monitor and achieve 24x7 of system security and reliability by the team squads.
● Drive and implement the agile software development frameworks and the design, architecture processes to implement Flextock products road map.
● Work with the products team to build short-term, mid-term and long-term plans and help solve the stakeholders problems by delivering what is needed when it is needed.
● Build a learning organization by facilitating and encouraging knowledge sharing, design and architecture reviews and problem solving skills.
● Help the team achieve the target quality within the planned schedule.
Hire, grow and help retain a highly motivated and diverse team
● 8+ years experience in the software development industry with 3+ years of relevant experience
● Proven experience leading multiple engineering development teams, guiding agile schedules to achieve their maximum productivity
● Deep knowledge of Agile software development practices, Agile program management and product offering lifecycle methodologies
● Ability to write and review requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, tech roadmap, plans and documentation
● Experience in developing cloud applications using latest back-end and front-end frameworks
● Experience in driving and evolving best design practices across engineering teams
● Proven experience in the fulfillment and delivery tech industry
● Proven experience in Google Cloud
● Deep knowledge of Python, Django, Angular