Sales Development Representative
Qualifications: Relevant experience demonstrating ambition and growth mindset, Bachelor’s degree preferred, Strong relationship-building skills, Excellent time management skills, Proficient in Microsoft tools.
- Research targeted industries and trends, Develop go-to-market strategy, Build partnership pipeline, Establish trust with potential partners, Collaborate with the Account Executive team and marketing department
GovX is a fast-growing e-commerce business with our catalog representing our largest asset. New catalog partnerships have the largest influence and impact on GovX’s overall company growth. To accelerate our company growth, we are looking for a driven and sales-minded individual to join our ambitious and growing sales team. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is an entry-level role providing an opportunity to learn and develop sales-oriented strategies and skillsets at a growing e-commerce company and tech solution provider.
The SDR position at GovX is intended as a growth role where success is rewarded with career advancement opportunities. The SDR role is integral in feeding new pipeline for every GovX partnership vertical and this individual will become an expert in their understanding and selling of each GovX partnership type; e-commerce sales channels, marketing services and GovX ID verification services. The SDR will work closely with the Account Executives to deliver demos and meetings through top of funnel outreach and strategy.
This will be accomplished through leveraging the resources and tools on hand to prospect and develop outreach campaigns targeting key potential partners. Success will be measured against goals which will be supported by a competitive compensation package (base pay, plus variable compensation based on performance). The role will work with companies across multiple industries to achieve the stated goals through a proactive, solutions-oriented approach.
- Research and understand each targeted vertical and understand prevailing trends and seasonality.
- Establish go-to-market strategy within assigned verticals.
- Build a top of funnel pipeline for new partners in targeted industries.
- Build relationships and establish trust and rapport with potential partners.
- Work closely with the Account Executive Team to support their goals and strategy.
- Always learning and applying new concepts, we want the SDR to succeed, grow and take on new challenges.
- Share best practices and sales enablement materials, be prepared to create, or drive the creation of new collateral that will assist in meeting goals.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and work independently to build effective lead generation strategy.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
No travel is expected for this position.
Due to training and team collaboration requirements of this position, as well as state law and tax implications, remote work candidates must live and work in California or Washington State.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experience that illustrates a driven attitude and a desire to grow within a company
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Great at relationship building and partnership development
- Excellent organization and time management
- Excellent follow-through and a drive to get things done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with email conversations
- Experience with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.)
- Solution and results oriented
- Passionate and mission driven
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize based on materiality
Why You Want to Work at GovX
- Work for a company with a greater social mission. We work to serve those who serve our country and communities every day.
- No boring days. This is a fast-paced environment where you will learn a lot and have the direct ability to leave your mark on a growing e-commerce company.
- Remote-first work environment with a modern San Diego HQ office that is available as needed.
- Flexible paid time off, paid holidays and sick leave.
- Competitive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Coverage. Flexible Spend Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) also available.
- 401(k) plan with discretionary match available.
- Gym on site.
- Discounts on the GovX website.
- You won’t find a better team of people to work with!
$20.00 - $22.00 per hour, with the opportunity for additional variable compensation.
Position will require successful completion of a background check and drug testing prior to starting employment.
About GovX, Inc.
Savings For Those Who Serve
GovX was founded in 2011 to offer exclusive benefits to those who serve our country. The GovX membership is comprised of current and former members of the American military, law enforcement, firefighting, medical services and government personnel. We are dedicated to supporting these communities and to offering unique value to our members, while delivering an authentic platform for brands to reach our growing customer base. As the largest and fastest growing digital platform serving this deserving audience, we are committed to stretching the limits of ecommerce to deliver the best assortment for our members’ on-duty and off-duty needs.
- Continuous learning mindset, Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently, Communication proficiency written and verbally, Goal-oriented mindset