The Data Science Team
You will be part of the data science team. We work cross-functionally with other teams to bring data-driven impact to Fabulous and its business units like Growth and User Acquisition.
We have a modern cloud-based Data-Stack (Fivetran - Big Query - dbt - Amplitude - Metabase - Jupyter) and want to consolidate our ranks with a capable Analytics Engineer.
Expectations | Duties
This role is highly critical to the continuous success of the data science team:
- You will be responsible for building, testing, reviewing and maintaining solid data pipelines using SQL and dbt
- You will be collaborating with the head of the team to ensure that our data pipelines are functional and scalable
- You will collaborate with data analysts/scientists to help them integrate their work into our infrastructure
- You will collaborate with other teams and will get exposed to multiple aspects of how data impacts business units at Fabulous
- You are expected to be highly autonomous and show a sense of ownership and willingness to manage your own projects and stakeholders
Working at Fabulous
Fabulous is a mobile app helping thousands of people every day to change their lifestyles by integrating healthy habits into their lives. Fabulous is using a behavioral economics lens to help everyone achieve their fullest potential. We work closely with researchers based at Duke University and our advisor is Dan Ariely, author of NYT bestseller Predictably Irrational.
Michelangelo, the famous Italian sculptor, once said: "Every block of stone has a statue inside it, and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it."
At Fabulous, every team member is a sculptor in their own right. Together, we help millions of users step out of their block of stone and step into the fullest version of their life.
- Apple Best Apps of 2018
- Editor's app choice in more than 30 countries.
- Winner of Google's Material Design Award
- Best App Finalist in Google Play Awards
- Ranked 5th Health & Fitness app
- University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Data and Analytics with strong engineering component
- Excellent SQL skills (even better if this is coupled with dbt experience)
- Excellent Engineering skills (testing, clean coding, peer-reviewing, CD/CI, git workflows, agile workflows, etc…)
- Sound business acumen to mange your own projects and your business stakeholders
- Self-Starter with the ability to work autonomously and own ones projects fully
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Comfortable in a remote work environment (we are a remote-first organisation)
Good to Have:
- Prior experience with some of the tools we use in our Data-Stack (Amplitude, dbt, BigQuery, Metabase)
- Good analytical and statistical intuition
- Hands-on Data Analysis skills
- Prior experience managing modern dbt data pipelines
- Prior experience in an agile start-up environment
A professionally nourishing environment with:
- Monthly Workshops
- A Book Club
- Team Challenges
- Team-Building Activities
- A flexible and fully remote working environment
And the opportunity to work on a fast-growing product with a large user base that is frequently among the Top 10 most downloaded Health and Fitness apps that makes real change in people's lives.