Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Salary £28,000 – 32,000 Dependent On Experience
FT – 35 hours per week
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be ensuring Implementation and improvement of quality assurance standards across a diverse range of enterprise platforms and services, including those with regulatory requirements.
Using your background in QA and testing, you will act as a role model within the team, providing technical advice and guidance to more junior colleagues. This could include coaching and coordinating so that they can also deliver great service across the business.
The Quality Assurance team play an integral role in our Insurance business ensuring an ever-improving experience for both our colleagues and customers. As a team, you will focus on delivering a best-in-class testing and assurance capability in support of the key business systems.
You will achieve this through a high level of technical competence and emphasis on automation and best practice. **
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be responsible for the ownership of testing within the software development lifecycle and have the accountability for the testing and quality assurance of applications across the insurance ecosystem.
Your accountabilities will include;
- Seeks to optimise and improve processes and suggest changes to Level 2 Leadership
- Strong communicator who actively identifies and manages all stakeholders and collaborates appropriately with them depending on their needs
- Uses information, analysis, experience, and judgement to resolve non-routine problems
- Working in an Agile framework, participating in Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily Stand up, Sprint review and retrospective etc.
- Actively embrace and support the QA function's cultural and technical maturity, supporting the step change in capability and accountability for testing within the delivery lifecycle.
- Implementing automation and streamlining of the processes and operations across the QA estate
- Shared Ownership of the testing of technology deliveries to confirm quality conformance to specifications and quality deliverables.
- Working collaboratively with project management and Technology professionals to ensure business requirements and deadlines are met
- Suggest and implement innovative solutions to reduce manual testing requirements and drive efficiencies in the testing and software development lifecycle
- Working with third-party development teams and solution providers
- Actively support QA requirements through root cause and incident management processes across insurance
- Supporting the delivery of technology programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, and quality criteria
- Ensuring that testing is delivered in line with the requirements from internal and external regulatory bodies including the adherence to cyber security controls and frameworks
- Curiosity to review the external market constantly looking for innovation and efficiency opportunities to implement within Saga
The Ideal Candidate
As one of our Senior QA Engineers, you will need to have a proven technical background either in QA or a similar test discipline.
Having automation experience in tools such as Katalon Studios, JMeter, Selenium or Playwright would be an advantage.
Other skills and experience required include:
- Ability to work in a methodical manner
- Ability to investigate and fix causes of script failure
- Keen attention to detail and driven by quality
- Able to multitask
- Driven by quality
- Effective communication skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships
- Ability to suggest improvements in automation techniques and find ways to improve on efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Everyday our colleagues deliver exceptional experiences to our customers. We believe exceptional work deserves even more exceptional rewards, that's why we have put together an amazing benefits package for all colleagues.
We offer total flexibility over where you work you choose a place that you feel most comfortable and productive, either from home or in one of our hubs in London, Ashford or Sandwich. **
BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO ALL COLLEAGUES:**
- Our working week is 35 hours per week, these can be worked flexibly to suit your working style
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option to purchase additional leave up to 5 extra days
- Pension scheme matched up to 10%
- Life assurance policy on joining us
- Wellbeing programme
- Colleague discounts including family discounts on cruises and holidays
- Range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Grandparents leave
- Company performance related annual bonus - Up to 5%
- Income protection
- Access to Saga Academy, our bespoke learning platform
About The Company
Over the past 70 years we have become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic, recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
At Saga we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement. We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better.
Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity. We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required. For more information on our DEI policies please visit our Saga Careers page. **
Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the Talent Acquisition Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga will not be responsible for any fees related to CVs received in this unsolicited manner.**
Find other similar jobs