AE Studio is a mid-sized startup from California and we are looking for developers/designers to work remotely and/or from our office in Florianópolis. We have a team of highly skilled developers building products to increase human agency using the most recent technologies for startups as well as large companies like Samsung and Berkshire Hathaway. We have an awesome work environment and a highly productive process.
We are looking for someone with strong problem-solving skills and self-management skills. **
- Fluency in Python - have used it on a number of projects
- Proven data science experience (primary or equal contributor to either a single large or multiple smaller data science analyses or products, working with a team / stakeholders)
- Genuine comfort with the sorts of statistics and methods used in classification problems
- Experience with image classification
- Experience calling machine learning APIs via REST or client libraries
- Real agile experience (worked with Kanban, Scrum, Extreme Programming)
- Growth mindset
- Willingness to learn our systems
- Full-time availability
- Demonstrated ability to work independently/autonomously
- Ability to communicate effectively and work exclusively in English. (This is a must)
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with self-managed data science projects
- Software development background
- Experience building and training image classifier models
- Clean Code, Unit Tests
- Experience managing clients and client relationships a big plus
- Experience in Startups
Working at AE means receiving equity in some of our client projects and in the Skunkworks projects we incubate. The equity granted is priced at a value of $0 when you receive it. If it were otherwise, you’d be forced to pay taxes. But to be clear, there are no free lunches, only the choice of who pays for your sandwich.
At AE, the equity you receive is not free to AE. We invest millions annually in Skunkworks projects - paying our employees to build technology for which no client pays a bill. We receive equity from certain clients, which means we accept less in terms of our billable rate. We then pass that equity on to our employees. Sure it’s priced at $0 on day 1 - a call option on a stock trading at $100 with a strike price of $100 is priced at $0 today for tax purposes, but you’d want to receive that option. If you received that option on a dozen stocks, you’d be fairly confident that some of them would be worth a lot more than $0.
Offering this equity (by investing in Skunkworks or offering clients a lower rate) comes out of AE’s margins. Theoretically, we should be lowering salaries to compensate. But we’re competitive on that front as well. Over the long-term, we believe AE employees who stick around are likely to fare extremely well monetarily (no legal promises). We think long-term. You should too when you choose your employer. **
We are looking to hire people who think long term . People create exponentially more value here in their 3rd or 4th year** rather than their 1st or 2nd, and that only increases. The value you create leads to more equity issued every year, and you retain it while you remain at AE or at a Skunkworks co that spins out, in order to free up equity for others, which is how we afford to be generous with the equity.
- Disclaimer: If you leave AE on good terms, you can retain 20% of your equity if you continue to send leads our way, share our core values, etc. If you leave AE for your own AE-incubated Skunkworks project (or someone else’s), you retain 100% of your equity. Folks create exponentially more value here in their 3rd and 4th years than their 1st or 2nd - we want folks who think long-term like we do.
- Florianopolis office/ Brazil remote
Want to talk?
Book a free consultation with our team!
We will talk through whatever hard problem you're facing
and help you accomplish what lies ahead of you.
1434 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291
- Join Us
- Call Us!
Find other similar jobs