At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
We are looking for a strategic, innovative communications professional to join our growing team of global communications professionals. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for storytelling and ability to craft compelling stories and engagement strategies with the goal of building trust, loyalty, and advocacy for ServiceNow and its leaders.
The role is ideal for a seasoned communications leader who has a passion creating compelling, concise content, and who is experienced in supporting the internal and external communications of executive leaders. We are looking for someone who skillfully manages competing priorities, is a quick and creative thinker, excels at building relationships, and brings rigorous attention to detail. The role will work collaboratively with a variety of teams across the company to create, distribute, amplify, and measure results of executive communications programs. The ideal candidate will ensure internal/external communications are inspiring, modern, and deeply connected to target audiences.
This position will serve as the strategic communications lead and a trusted partner, advisor, and master storyteller to ServiceNow’s Chief Financial Officer and her leadership team, including ESG. Working collaboratively and with an integrated team across public relations, content/thought leadership, social media, employee communications, and brand marketing, this leader will develop integrated communications and executive visibility programs to inspire multiple audiences to be part of (and follow) the story of ServiceNow and our Chief Financial Officer. He/she/they will partner closely with business leaders and oversee execution of recommended content, creative, and stakeholder communications.
- Understand the communications landscape and needs of various audiences, regularly updating and evolving materials to reflect changes to business priorities, supporting narratives, and the external environment.
- Build and lead a holistic, 360-degree executive communications framework for our Chief Financial Officer
- Design and produce executive visibility programs that turn ideas into compelling narratives, frameworks, and creative storytelling concepts.
- Deliver executive-level work products including scripts, speeches, videos, and social media amplification plans.
- Prepare executives with rehearsals, scripts, storyboards etc., while project managing the overall communications schedules
- Manage and engage with communications agencies and contractors on a variety of projects and initiatives, including ESG.
- Lead, motivate, and develop a team of direct reports.
- Establish and design processes to ensure timely execution through final publication and governance of all content.
- Serve as a resource across the Communications team to ensure message alignment and consistency across all audiences, including customers and partners.
- Work closely with the Finance organization’s leaders to ensure strong message alignment, calendar of upcoming events, social activations, and content plan.
- Skilled at measuring and reporting out quarterly metrics.
- Prepare executives with rehearsals and scripts.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 12+ years corporate communications, public relations, marketing, consulting, or executive communications experience.
- Desire to create a high-performing team at scale that can flex with fast growth and frequent change.
- Experience building and executing a multi-functional communications strategy.
- Exceptional messaging and writing skills; attention to detail and accuracy in all communications deliverables.
- Experience crafting executive-level thought leadership and social strategies aligned to external visibility programs.
- Experience with other CFOs or other significant financial leaders and an understanding of financial topics is preferred
- Ability to manage through ambiguity.
- Must be a self-starter with an innate ability to think outside of the box
- Experience working in a matrixed environment; strong cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to drive coordination across stakeholders.
- Business maturity and experience working with senior executives and their teams.
- Ability to manage multiple communication projects simultaneously and drive strong work-back plans, designed to drive measurable goals and business outcomes.
- Experience in a hypergrowth tech company and a desire to work collaboratively with C-Suite leaders, their teams, agency partners, business partners, and vendors are important.
- Identify, develop, and tell a great story across multiple media.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and adapt plans and approaches in real-time.
- Communications experience with finance teams and/or ESG a plus.
- BS/BA degree required, MBA or an advanced degree recommended.
For positions in New York City, we offer a base pay of $207,100 - $372,900, plus equity (when applicable), variable/incentive compensation and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base pay shown is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. We also offer health plans, including flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, matching donations, a flexible time away plan and family leave programs. Compensation is based on the geographic location in which the role is located and is subject to change based on work location.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.
Find other similar jobs