Join the team at OpenDrives, a rapidly growing data services company that is dedicated to solving complex technology problems with innovative yet practical solutions. Our customers range from Hollywood blockbusters, to medical imaging specialists, to academia, and everything in between. Our company's core values are summed up in the word OPEN, which stands for open-mindedness, persistence, effectiveness, and nimbleness. We are looking for empathetic, self-starting professionals who are passionate about exceeding customer expectations and who thrive in a collaborative, supportive environment. If you're a curious listener, with a commitment to excellence, and want to be part of an organization that is dedicated to solving real-world data management challenges, we invite you to apply to join our team today.
About the Role:
A Test Automation Engineer is responsible for the quality, robustness, and usability of our applications and platform. Our customers expect the most reliable, functional, user friendly, fast, and repeatable software experience, and this role must ensure our development team provides that.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in research and development as part of a scrum team working on new and existing product lines
- Automate test cases required for acceptance of new features or defect fixes
- Create test plans and new test cases for your scrum team, and participate in review of test plans and test cases from other team members
- Perform code reviews for test automation merge requests from other team members
- Help identify and implement new test infrastructure required to support new functionality or products
- Execute regression tests and report issues as part of feature development and the release process
- Help triage and investigate defects reported by our Customer Experience team, including helping to resolve active customer issues
- Find gaps or deficiencies in our product functionality, workflows, and user experience and raise new ideas, propose solutions, and work with the product team and scrum teams to prioritize and implement those improvements
The following technological expertise is desired, but not required:
- Kiwi, TestRail, or some other test case management system
- Selenium, Pytest, Behave, or some other test automation framework
- Experience with CI/CD
- Scripting and one or more programming languages, especially python and bash
- Experience with Linux, especially Debian
- Storage technologies like ZFS, SMB, NFS, Lustre, and Object Storage (e.g. S3)
- Cloud storage integration with one or more Cloud Providers (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Testing Highly Available Systems and Clusters
- Familiarity with consensus protocols and related software (e.g. paxos, raft, pacemaker, corosync)
- Familiarity with Media and Entertainment workflows
Competencies and Skills:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Automation-first mentality to testing and product development
- Attention to detail, curiosity to select the right toolset and solution, and the willingness to challenge expectations
- A desire to learn, try new things, and iterate on solutions.
- The courage to ask questions, recognize what you don't yet know and seek the answers
- Excited about working on a team with other contributors
- Taking pride in your work
- The willingness to take a project from conception to release
- Empowerment - We bring our talent, voice, and knowledge to each encounter
- Effectiveness - We understand how to do our best work by picking the right tools, creating expectations and scheduling deadlines. We work iteratively and produce a usable product
- Empathy - We understand how to care for ourselves and show respect and care for other teammates.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent education preferred
- Two or more years of test automation experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; stand and walk. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
We have some awesome perks if you want to work with us.
- Incredible vacation policy and flexible schedule
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer and Employee Paid Life Insurance & AD&D Options
- Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability Options
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cell Phone and Internet Allowance
- Options for hybrid remote/office work, or full remote
- A culture of empathy and empowerment
Pay Scale Disclaimer
The hiring base salary range for this role is $90,000.00- $120,000.00 USD annually.
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. OpenDrives takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Find other similar jobs