Staff Engineer (Backend) - Sales Execution
We’re seeking a Staff level Software Engineer to join a high-impact mission within the Sales Execution Product Group at HubSpot. Sales Execution is dedicated to providing a top of the line experience for sales agents and managers. We are helping our customers’ sales teams in growing their businesses by providing tools, automation and insights.
This engineer will join the Deal Execution Backend Team. This team is the backbone of AI powered guided selling experience that empowers Sales teams to close more deals. This experience provides rich insights, actionable next steps and guidance for the entire selling process. We build this by leveraging diverse datasets, designing scalable BE systems and integrating Machine Learning solutions. This is a greenfield opportunity to apply your BE and data engineering skills towards solutions that help HubSpot customers grow their businesses.
As a Staff Engineer at HubSpot, you’ll do many things— and you likely already have experience doing some of them in the past. We are looking for people who:
- Have a long track record of experience delivering high-value, high-impact, cross-team projects. Staff Engineers are one of the most senior individual contributors at HubSpot; they are leaders that continually strive to raise the bar for the engineering organization as a whole, and are expected to help drive the product vision forward via strong collaboration skills and hands-on coding.
- Have a thirst for technical challenges implemented within secure, compliant systems. We leverage technologies such as Java, Kafka, HBase, Vitess, Snowflake, Spark and Dropwizard.
- Have experience collaborating with cross-functional teams of ML Engineers and Data Scientists; often partnering to design and build data pipelines needed for developing ML models and integrating those models into product offerings
- Wish to stay hands-on in all technical aspects while leading by example through collaborations with cross-functional and internal stakeholders.
- Have a history of developing solutions to problems that have had an outsized impact on a large organization’s business goals.
- Provide strategic direction for major projects.
- Regularly mentor and teach engineers in their areas of expertise.
- Demonstrate pragmatic decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Exhibit an enthusiasm for building reliable, scalable systems.
- Can guide teams beyond the status quo; we need engineers who lead us beyond what we have, and towards what we can build, while creating a shared notion of how to get there.
- Embodies our engineering team values
Cash compensation range: 218900-328400 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
If you need accommodations or assistance due to a disability, please reach out to us using this form. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
We want to build a company where people can do their best work. Some people work best in an office building, while others work best from a home office. That's why flexibility is more important than ever. We're building a flexible, hybrid company at HubSpot because as our Culture Code says, we want to make work-life harmony a reality. As a HubSpotter, you select the work option that's best for you, once per calendar year: @office, @home, or @flex.
Remote onboarding at HubSpot
Once per year, employees select the work option that's best for them: @office, @home, or @flex. Here's what they mean in more detail: - @home: You work the majority of your time from home, and while you may visit a HubSpot office 1-2 times per quarter, home is your headquarters. HubSpot supports you in making sure your work-from-home setup is safe, sound, and sets you up for success. - @office: You come into one of HubSpot's global offices 3 or more days per week. You have a dedicated desk for your laptop, monitor, plants, and anything else that makes your workspace truly yours. For that reason, employees who choose @office don't get an at-home desk set-up. - @flex: You come into a HubSpot office 2 or fewer days per week. When you come to the office, you’ll be allocated a “hotel desk." Because you opted-out of dedicated desk space in an office, HubSpot will help support your work-from-home set-up. Additionally, HubSpot has a 90-day temporary mobility policy that allows employees to work up to 90 days in another country, every year.