Job description 1
As CohnReznick grows, so do our career opportunities. As one of the nation’s top Professional Services and Business Advisory firms, we foster teams in Advisory, Assurance, and Tax services that value innovation and collaboration in everything they do!
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting Manager to join our CFO Advisory team.
This is a virtual position. A virtual position does not require job duties be performed within proximity of a CohnReznick office location. As a virtual employee, you may be required to be present at a CohnReznick office with scheduled notice for client working, team meetings or training. **
The CFO Advisory group works with the office of the CFO function from startups to middle market to upper middle market companies. We help CFO's navigate strategic, operational, and accounting challenges. We regularly assist them in preparing for a public or a private transaction and work closely with the M&A group in providing pre and post-transaction support. Come and join us in our journey to helping other finance and accounting executives conceptualize and develop the finance and accounting infrastructure to scale for success **
At CohnReznick, we’re united by a common mission to create opportunity, value, and trust for our clients, our people, and our communities. Whether it’s working alongside your peers to solve a client challenge, or volunteering together at the local food bank, there are so many ways to find your “why” at the firm.
We believe it’s important to balance work with everyday life – and make time for enjoyment and fun. We invest in a robust Total Rewards package that includes everything from generous PTO, a flexible work environment, expanded parental leave, extensive learning & development, and even paid time off for employees to volunteer. **
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To
- Advise clients on new and complex accounting pronouncements including revenue recognition, lease accounting, stock-based compensation, asset impairment and purchase accounting
- Manage and lead highly complex engagements, advising across a multitude of transactions, including IPO readiness and M&A
- Collaborate with clients and senior leadership to develop strategy, balance risk and exceed client expectations
- Provide clients and engagement teams with technically sound accounting advice at various levels of complexity
- Successfully interact and establish lasting relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Participate in and drive business development
- Mentor and coach junior team members
Successful Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- 6+ years of relevant work experience of which 3+ years should be in technical accounting roles (strong SEC reporting knowledge is necessary)
- Prior public accounting experience in audit and assurance a plus
- CPA required
- Strong GAAP experience along with hands on experience drafting 10Q/10K and/or performing controllership functions related to consolidations, GL close and reporting
- Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Highly driven and self-motivated to work as required, with a hands-on approach to ensure the deliverables are produced on time with high quality
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, being highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Strong project and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Action-oriented (self-starter, team player, detail-oriented)
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet critical deadlines
- Ability to interact with senior executives and management
- Ability to solve problems by gathering information, discuss options and make recommendations
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel up to 30% in support of the business
- Significant knowledge of accounting and finance processes and functions
- Strong understanding of financial statement preparation and analysis
- Recent experience developing technical accounting analysis and related narrative memo bridging the GAAP guidance to practical implementation solutions
- Training is up to date with recent GAAP standards (IFRS or US GAAP)
- Ability to critically evaluate solutions for optimal client results
Studies have shown that we are less likely to apply to jobs unless we meet every single qualification. At CohnReznick, we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or one of our other roles.
In California , the salary range for a Technical Accounting Manager is $110,000.00 TO $170,000.00. Salary determination will vary based on factors such as candidate’s geographical location, qualifications, experience, skills, and competencies. Salary is one component of the CohnReznick total rewards package, which includes a discretionary performance bonus; generous paid time off; expanded and inclusive parental benefits; and access to best-in-class learning and development platforms, to name a few. To learn more about life at CohnReznick, visit www.cohnreznick.com/lifeatcohnreznick .
CohnReznick is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive team to drive business results and create a better future every day for our team members, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.