External Regulatory Affairs Manager - Germany
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 35+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. We've been officially certified as a Great Place to Work™ in recognition of our outstanding employee experience! So far, we have 8,000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The Regulatory Affairs Team sits within Compliance as a second line of defence service team and is responsible for maintaining and developing transparent relationships with our regulators. This means responding clearly and on time to regulatory enquiries, as well as keeping on top of regulatory developments and monitoring regulatory change 🤹♂️
We're looking for an experienced Regulatory Affairs Manager to ensure that our communication with external regulators is transparent, compliant, and efficient.
You'll be working on the Regulatory Affairs team focusing on different regulatory fields and coordinating regulatory engagements in Revolut branches across Germany 🌟
Up for the challenge? Let’s get in touch 👇
What you’ll be doing
- Communicating clearly with regulators and the business, including breaking down complex information into smaller, digestible chunks
- Keeping our regulators up to date with new products, initiatives, and other ad hoc updates
- Working with the wider Risk and Compliance team to share communications during an incident
- Preparing management reports and information, in particular for regulator meetings, internal committees, and the Board
- Delivering training and updates to product teams and the wider business on regulatory requirements and changes
- Building processes and documentation for the team in a scalable and sustainable way
- Being a champion for conduct and compliance across the business
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience working in a compliance or risk function at a regulated financial services firm, fintech, or regulator
- Experience coaching and inspiring people
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication, project management, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in regional financial institution regulations
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to analyse complex information and identify the key issue/action to drive resolutions
- Deep knowledge of the German regulatory environment and key regulatory compliance regimes
- An understanding of the payments systems and markets with a focus on technology and mobile applications
- Fluency in English and German
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
Refer to our Data Privacy Statement for Candidates for details on our data handling practices during your application.
🏠 vs.🏢 Flexible working - depending on your location and the specific terms of your employment contract, you may be employed as a home-based worker (if Revolut doesn’t have office in your location) or an office-based/hybrid worker (if Revolut has an office in your location), who works from your home and in the office through desk booking. Therefore, you’ll have the flexibility to choose how you would like to work: either from home and/or the office. Have a better work-life balance while saving time on your commute. Our Flex policy applies only to certain positions as we offer support for our customers 24/7 thus some roles require shift work.
Remote onboarding at Revolut
Home, office, or a nice spot somewhere abroad? What’s your favourite place to work from? At Revolut all those options are available! We work from wherever we want 🤩
Benefits offered by@Revolut
Find other similar jobs