The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
About the role
A truly exciting role - we are looking for a Senior Product Designer to work on our AI products across GitLab! You will be working with all product stages with AI capabilities, or those looking to add AI. This role will require close collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering Managers, Technical Writers, UX Researchers and other Product Designers. It goes without saying there is huge room for impact as building AI into our product is a key focus.
We are specifically looking for an experienced Designer with previous AI experience who knows the DevOps space. There is still a lot of ambiguity while we continue to define ideal user experiences and use cases, and the team is moving fast. We're looking for a designer who is comfortable with rapid change and can incorporate scrappy research into rapid design iteration. This role offers opportunities to join other designers as they create and refine the design principles and patterns that will be used across our product by many different user types.
Here are some links with extra information:
- AI Powered group page
- Product Design team page
- Pajamas design system
What will you be working on?
- AI Framework: Building common tools to support GitLab teams integration AI/ML technologies.
- AI Model Validation: Research and evaluate AI/ML models for use to enrich the GitLab product with Gen AI.
- Duo Chat: GitLab's AI-powered DevSecOps assistant.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated experience working on AI products, for example working with natural language models, recommendation systems, chatbots, conversation design.
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps, either as a user or designing for a product.
- Strong experience working in highly technical, complex environments.
- Leadership skills - ability to define and drive a UX vision in cross-functional teams. Driving change across other teams, not just your own.
- Experience conducting your own research with a variety of methods, and strong decision making skills for when to do research.
- Experience working in both startups and enterprise is highly beneficial.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you're excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.