Director, Customer Engagement Strategy and Operations
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
About Digital Technology
We’re not yesterday’s IT department, we're Digital Technology. The world around us keeps changing and so do we. We’re redefining what it means to be IT with a mindset centered on transformation, experience, AI-driven automation, innovation, and growth. We’re all about delivering delightful, secure customer and employee experiences that accelerate ServiceNow’s journey to become the defining enterprise software company of the 21st century. And we love co-creating, using, and highlighting our own products to do it.
Ultimately, we strive to make the world work better for our employees and customers—when you work in ServiceNow Digital Technology, you work for them.
The Office of the CDIO partners with our CDIO, CTOs, and Digital Technology SVPs (DTLT) on our 360-degree approach to customer, partner and internal employee engagements. The team collaborates with senior leadership across the company to create long-term trusted relationships with key customers, accelerate our scale to $16B, and help make ServiceNow the best place to work.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to partner daily with our Executive Practitioners to elevate CxO engagements, increase wallet share, and curate thought leadership.
We are looking for a brilliant storyteller, who can communicate the ServiceNow mission from a variety of perspectives. As ServiceNow grows and we engage with executives across all industries, our narrative is more important than ever.
This role will be part of the Office of the CDIO and partner closely with field sales, marketing, and product teams to help scale CDIO, CTO, and DTLT impact by creating and executing a customer engagement strategy.
What you get to do in this role:
Own the Customer Engagement strategy:
- Increase wallet share through curating the right portfolio of Customers, Partners, and events our Executive Practitioners engage with, working with regional sales leaders on which customers they should meet with and when
- Optimize the process for the Practitioner with customers end to end: ensure thorough and thoughtful briefing documents, create any materials needed for the meeting, partner with sales to deliver follow-up messages to the customer, etc.
- Attend customer meetings, and capture major takeaways, maintain milestones, track, assign and drive the delivery of clear action items.
- Deepen strategic customer/partner relationships: work with the Sales and Customer Success organizations to proactively engage top customers and partners, close the loop when deals close of people the Practitioner has a relationship with, develop nurturing campaigns, etc
- Help define how slides and visuals will enhance a narrative or customer story
- Develop key metrics and capture and analyze data to continuously improve the impact of Practitioner customer engagement
- Parachute into complex customer situations as liaison for our CTOs when high visibility opportunities are at risk
- Elevating CxO engagement via events, purposeful disruption
- Lead, organize, and manage executive-level special projects to explore and implement changes in customer engagement across the Digital Technology organization
- Contribute to the codification and sharing of best practices
- Build a foundation to scale events and speaking opportunities
- Become an indispensable thought partner for Practitioners
- Partner closely with senior stakeholders and cross functional teams to develop relevant messaging for each engagement
- Global travel for key events
- Create and execute an events engagement strategy while partnering closely with cross-functional teams. Key accomplishments will include securing desirable external speaking engagements, securing strong ties with Now on Now and Communications teams to ensure an amplification strategy is executed (social, thought leadership content, internal enablement, media, etc), and securing customer-led speaking engagements that highlight ServiceNow.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of work experience across consulting, executive engagements, or sales, preferably in the cloud/enterprise SaaS/software industry
- Passion for and demonstrated success in understanding and fulfilling internal or external customer needs; problem-solver mindset; ability to take big ideas and make them simple and digestible
- Deep experience in interacting with a broad spectrum of CxOs with a passion for storytelling, narrative structure, and design
- Command for building consensus amongst numerous high-powered stakeholders and pushing forward to tangible output/outcomes quickly
- Proven capability of building and leading high-performing teams, either in a direct or indirect/matrixed capacity
- Superb ability to influence and motivate others, drive collaboration, teaming & resolve conflict between diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive - must thrive in a dynamic environment with a strong ability to prioritize
- Executive presence, excellent verbal and written communication
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills
- Proficient with Powerpoint, Excel, Tableau, and Dynamics and familiarity with a number of market-leading productivity tools
For positions in the Bay Area, we offer a base pay of $178,900 to $313,100 plus equity (when applicable), variable/incentive compensation, and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On-Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base pay shown is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location. We also offer health plans, including flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, matching donations, a flexible time away plan, and family leave programs. Compensation is based on the geographic location in which the role is located and is subject to change based on work location.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.