ServiceNow.org Senior Account Executive
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
At the heart of ServiceNow is a grand purpose: to make the world work better for everyone. Our purpose is not just a tagline, it’s a demonstration of our intent to impact the world for the better. To continue this mission, ServiceNow.org is a go-to-market vertical that leads with our values to exclusively service the needs of the global non-profit community, using the power of our platform to enable these vital organizations to achieve operational efficiency boosts, when those time saving efficiencies will literally save and impact lives. Aligned to our ESG strategy, the Servicenow.org team positions our world-class platform capabilities and solutions to non-profits and reinvest a portion of the profits into the community.
The ServiceNow.org Senior Account Executive will produce new business sales revenue from software licenses working with prospects and customers in a specific territory. This will be achieved through territory planning, including research of prospect & customers, using business development strategies, and completing field-based sales activities within an assigned territory.
The ServiceNow.org Senior Account Executive builds relationships within Non-Profit clients while achieving (and exceeding) quarterly and annual sales quotas for an assigned territory.
- Develop and run a sales strategy in the assigned territory with a target prospect list and a sales plan. This includes Strategic territory planning, account planning, and leveraging internal relationships to execute on sales opportunities
- Ownership of driving successful pipeline generation activities in partnership with SDRs, LDRs, marketing and partners
- Drive ServiceNow.org brand awareness and develop customer success stories
- Qualify prospects and develop new sales opportunities and ongoing revenue streams
- Advance and close sales opportunities—through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap
- Retain and grow existing customer base (including In Kind Donation accounts) with regular non-sales customer engagement activities to deliver on excellent customer experience and value realization
- Cultivate customer relationships by deeply understanding Non-Profit strategic growth plans, challenges/opportunities, technology footprint and corresponding strategy to serve as a partner for their success
- Demonstrate operational excellence across forecasting and account planning
- Be a trusted, authentic, advisor to your customers by understanding and empathizing with their business and advising on how ServiceNow can help them achieve their organization’s strategic objectives
- Identify 1-2 customer success stories to the Head of Sales on an annual basis for external publication
To be successful in this role you have:
- Possess a unique balance of a mission orientation and metrics driven mentality. A passion for selling, with a bigger picture purpose
- 10+ years working as an Account Executive (or equivalent role) within the software industry; achieving and exceeding sales targets; net new business and existing business upsell
- Experience selling into and working with Non-Profit organizations; Ability to understand the “bigger picture” and business drivers around technology in the Non-Profit space.
- Experience and success selling Customer Experience, Customer Service and/or IT Service Management solutions preferred
- ServiceNow Platform knowledge preferred
- Ability to build strong, internal cross-functional relationships
- Instant customer credibility: ability to build strong external relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; relevant for a C-level audience
- Strong project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in keeping accurate forecast for your territory, monthly/quarterly/annually, and utilizing sales tools and analytics to target customers
- Travel 20-40% or as required
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.