Senior Database Administrator (Remote)
insightsoftware is a leading provider of reporting, analytics, and performance management solutions. Over 30,000 organizations worldwide rely on us to support business needs in the areas of accounting, finance, operations, supply chain, tax, budgeting, planning, HR, and disclosure management. We enable the Office of the CFO to connect to and make sense of their data in real time so they can proactively drive greater financial intelligence across their organization. Our best-in-class solutions provide customers with increased productivity, visibility, accuracy, and compliance. Learn more at insightsoftware.com.
Senior Database Administrator role requires 7+ years of hands-on experience as Oracle Database Administrator and 3+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server to maintain reliable, fault tolerant DB infrastructure for our growing customer base. Successful candidates will be responsible for managing an array of mission critical production and non-production 7/24/365 environments deployed to various physical and public cloud datacenters around the globe.
- Install, patch and maintain all Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Provide DBA services to application development, professional services and support teams, including day to day operation, query validation and execution, database design, database generation, coding, and performance related issues
- Be instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle/SQL server database and database related tools
- Manage regularly scheduled backups and refreshes
- Manage Oracle and SQL Server backup and recovery using RMAN and other tools
- Tune Oracle instance components including SQL and PL/SQL.
- Tune Microsoft SQL Server instance components using tools such as Database Tuning Profiler
- Create necessary automation for DB operations using Bash and PowerShell
- Manage the implementation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security policies
- Assume responsibility for documenting and maintaining disaster recovery plans for each supported system/application
- Actively participate in SOC2/ISO27001 audits and ensure all audited controls are adhered to
- Provide 24/7 on-call rotational duty and some week-ends
- Strong hands-on experience with Oracle 12 and above and Microsoft SQL 2012 and above is required
- Practical experience in coding, debugging and tuning Oracle PL/SQL and SQL is required
- Knowledge of TOAD, DBVisit Standby, Zoho’s Manage Engine Application Manager and Solar Winds DPA or equivalents is required
- Knowledge of Linux system administration and bash scripting is required
- Experience with MS Azure Cloud, PowerShell scripting, Azure SQL is strongly preferred
- Experience with managing multi-tenant SaaS applications is strongly preferred
- Relevant professional certifications are preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment, effectively multi-task and balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is required
The successful candidate must have the following professional attributes which include the following:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications or closely-related discipline.
- Ability to balance multi-task and multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Must be a team player willing to make every effort to make the team a success.
- Strong and effective written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to collaborate with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong diagnostic and problem solving abilities
- Self-starter, proactive, positive, creative, and flexible.
- Stays current with emerging technologies, industry best practices for Oracle and Microsoft SQL server.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **
insightsoftware About Us: Hear From Our Team - InsightSoftware (wistia.com)