Human Resources Operations Specialist (Remote)
At Contec, we strive to be the best at bringing creative technology and people based solutions to the world’s broadband service providers and electronics OEM’s.
We enable our customers to extend service life and maximize financial returns from their investments in customer premise equipment and electronics hardware while maintaining or improving their customer experience.
Operating from out network of service centers we provide our customers with solutions that leverage our proprietary testing and repair technology to accurately and efficiently manage returned devices. For more complex repairs we leverage our low-cost repair locations so we can maintain the perfect balance of speed and cost that is right for each customer. Our custom kitting resources also allow us to effectively fulfill direct to customer and bulk product orders to ensure a positive end-customer experience.
We believe in the power and joy of learning
At CONTEC, our employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared purpose – driving innovation that helps millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Sr. Director, HR Operations, the HR Operations Specialist is responsible for providing a range of services in support of the Human Resources (HR) Operations function. Working closely with employees, managers, the HR team and external contacts, this role provides exceptional customer service, efficient handling of requests, and subject matter expertise. Serves as a first contact for HR-related needs by responding to incoming Workday cases, emails, and telephone calls. This role provides comprehensive transactional support and coordination associated with onboarding, orientation, internal mobility, relocation, immigration, offboarding, and more while working independently and as part of a team, and escalating issues when necessary.
- Support employee lifecycle processes including onboarding, job changes, compensation actions, relocation, position management, offboarding, and more.
- Initiate and monitor a wide variety of transaction workflows in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), currently Workday, strengthening data quality and timely processing of actions.
- Provide accurate, prompt, and consistent assistance to employees, Human Resources (HR) team members, and manager populations on an array of HR-related needs, utilizing call and Workday case management processes/technologies to improve the employee experience within defined service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Escalate or transition requests to proper channels, ensuring a ‘warm’ handoff and exceptional customer service.
- Provide guidance to employees, HR team members, and business managers on a wide variety of HR processes, programs, policies, and tools.
- Follow internal practices to ensure employee data privacy and compliance with all state, federal and regional labor laws, and regulations.
- Share feedback and insights regarding recurring challenges and identify opportunities to continuously improve processes and service levels; share those ideas with the HR Services team and leadership.
- Participate on project teams to develop solutions and improve effectiveness and efficiency of HR processes, policies, and programs.
- Interact with internal contacts including Payroll, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, HR, Compensation, Finance, and IT. Also interact with a broad array of external contacts such as government agencies, former employees, and job applicants.
- Create, maintain, and schedule Workday reports.
- Participate in HR system User Acceptance Testing and document results.
- Prepare severance documents and initiate payments.
- Gather information and respond to unemployment claims.
- Submit data/reports to various government agencies and internal audit teams.
- Submit service tickets to IT team.
- Code and process invoices.
- High School diploma and minimum two years full-time Human Resources employment. Or equivalent combination of HR education and experience.
- Broad knowledge of Human Resources-related laws, regulations, and policy as well as experience with innovative human resources-related programs and initiatives.
- Experience interacting with and maintaining confidential information.
- Experience using business/software tools and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). Intermediate proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and VLOOKUP skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Strong customer focus and results orientation.
- Good organization, detail orientation and overall time management skills.
- Demonstrated competency for handling multiple competing tasks and deadlines.
- Good judgment with the ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive, respectful team.
- Willingness to freely share information, knowledge and provide support.
- Effective, tactful, and thoughtful communication both one-on-one and in a group setting.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources or Human Resources certification.
Experience using Workday HRIS.