Sr. Manager - Compliance & Privacy
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
Sr. Manager - Compliance & Privacy
McKesson’s well-regarded Compliance and Ethics Department is seeking a dynamic individual with compliance, privacy, and pharmacy experience to serve as a Senior Manager supporting McKesson’s Commercial Strategy and Innovation (CSI) customer segment within McKesson Corporation.
Position Description Summary
The ideal candidate will have significant compliance, privacy, and/or legal experience in building, enhancing, and maintaining strong compliance and privacy programs. They will have broad familiarity with the regulatory requirements under HHS, OIG, DOJ, FDA, DEA, state Boards of Pharmacy and related regulatory frameworks, with demonstrated HIPAA privacy and data protection experience. The successful candidate will represent the Compliance and Privacy function to internal and external customers.
Identifying potential gaps then establishing and maintaining policy and procedure to guide the business on appropriate compliance with regulatory requirements; creating and delivering workforce education on privacy and data protection standards; establishing and enhancing auditing and monitoring activities and corresponding metrics; and investigating potential policy and regulatory infractions within the business. The position will monitor and mitigate risk while helping ensure business function improvements. The role will assist the business in developing “first line” structures and controls to facilitate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help ensure proper data protection and utilization. The position will give advice to the business teams regarding risk detection, prevention, and mitigation plans. The successful candidate will represent the Compliance and Ethics function to internal and external customers.
Typically has 7+ years relevant experience in healthcare, with a focus on state and federal privacy laws and regulations
- 7+ years of experience in healthcare or pharmacy compliance, privacy, or Information Technology
- Experience and knowledge of federal, state, and local privacy laws and regulations
- Experience evaluating, developing, and maintaining formal policies and procedures and appropriate training programs
- Experience conducting formal risk assessments and participating in and/or leading privacy incident resolution including mitigation plans
- Act as central point of contact for workforce privacy and compliance questions or complaints
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Process Improvement mindset
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills is one major key to success in this position: the ability to build and foster relationships with operational, technical, and other internal risk assessing stakeholders throughout the organization.
- General understanding of 340B programs helpful
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and database software
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Strategic thinking skills
- Self-directed worker with excellent organization and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of audiences at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
4-year degree in related field
- General Office Environment
- 25% business travel may be required
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$92,300 - $153,800
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!