Senior Software Engineer
Founded in 2016, General Radar Corp. develops high-resolution phased-array radar systems, with a focus on serving customers in the aerospace, energy, and commercial sectors. General Radar provides high performance phased-array radar systems and capabilities at low cost to serve high value missions for a diverse customer set.
General Radar has locations in Belmont, CA, Boston, MA, and is opening a location in the Dallas, TX area. We are growing rapidly and looking for top notch folks across many disciplines to join our team. We are looking for team members who are positive, solution oriented, enjoy a challenge and desire a collaborative, cohesive team environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join the Software team at General Radar. This position will work with Systems and Hardware engineers to develop cutting-edge capabilities for high performance phased array systems and sub-systems.
The role will report to the Director of Software Engineering within the General Radar Engineering organization. You will work with cross functional teams to support the development of prototype systems as well as fielded systems supporting multi mission objectives.
The role requires working on a fast-paced development program. The candidate must be solution oriented, positive, proactive, and someone who relentlessly finds ways to succeed and improve.
This position is hybrid and must be within commuting distance to Charlestown, MA. Frequent travel to the Charlestown office is required for hardware integration and test. Periodic travel to other company sites and project locations is also expected.
This position requires eligibility to obtain a US government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for Consideration.
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related
discipline and 10 or more years of relevant experience.
• Proficient with data structures and algorithms development for multi-threaded applications in C++
• Proficient with Python
• Proficient with Git
• Experience with developing containerized applications for a Linux-based OS.
• Experience with AWS infrastructure and Git Runners
• Experience with Embedded Systems
• Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems
• Experience developing complex/multi-component software systems
• Experience developing User Interfaces
• Experience with Radar system
• Work with Systems, Hardware, and Software Engineers to develop, integrate and test Linux
based applications running on servers with embedded software applications running on radar
• Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary Scrum team that is committed to the DevOps principles of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
• Define and configure DevOps pipelines to support containerized deployments.
• Write high-quality code with automated Unit, and Integration.
• Assist specialized skillset engineers with DSP Programming and Embedded Programming tasks.