Senior JAVA Architect, Remote work
Applus+ IDIADA is a global partner to the automotive industry, supporting its clients in their product development activities by providing design, engineering, testing and homologation services. We have a large team of more than 2,700 professionals drawn from over 22 countries, as well as an international network of subsidiaries and branch offices in 25 countries which ensures that our clients get customized, added-value solutions. IDIADA offers you the opportunity to develop a career in one of the worldwide leading automotive engineering companies.
At Applus IDIADA we are looking for talent to help us shaping the mobility of tomorrow with safer, more efficient and sustainable vehicles. With presence in 22 countries, we offer job positions around the world and internal / transversal mobility within the company. The automotive sector is currently living a moment of deep technological change. At IDIADA, we focus on constant innovation to adapt our services’ portfolio to an ever-changing environment. Therefore, as part of our team, we expect you to be dynamic and eager to learn and grow with us.
If you want an opportunity to challenge yourself and enhance your technical skills, to work in a thriving environment and to work alongside world-leading experts, then apply for one of our vacancies.
Digital Business team works to develop the most promising digital solutions for the global products and proccess and to organize IDIADA information and provide a useful, fast and reliable way to exploit it by IDIADA Group and our clients, being recognized as the most digital, innovative and customer-oriented company, reducing the cost of the digital operations and increasing the value and the portfolio of the services.
What can we offer you?
- Join a young dynamic and multicultural team of 60 Software Engineers.
- Collaborate with a highly passionate team, committed to achieve high standards software
- Work in an agile environment with Scrum, code review, retrospective meetings and constant innovation
- Participate in the design, implementation and validation of apps and tools for the automotive industry
- Be part of a large growing organization
Our current tech stack
- Java, Spring framework and Hibernate
- NodeJS and Socket.IO
- JSF and Primefaces
- AngularJS and Ionic mobility apps
- PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- RESTful integration services
- Jenkins continuous integration, Sonar code coverage, Gitlab
- Currently in process of migrating infrastructure to AWS cloud
What are we are looking for?
We are looking for a Java Architect to join our software engineering team. We are a fun and innovative environment where idea collaboration is highly encouraged between team members.
- Technical assistance to projects
- Define security policies
- Training teams in best practices
- Identify and document design/architecture best practices for global adoption
- Consultative Behavior- creates relevant recommendations by considering business direction, requirements, and challenges relevant best practices inside and outside the company
- Develop and implement reference services
- Carry on PoC along with other teams
- Manage and define KPIs on development processes and services
- Code reviews / peer-review tasks
- Recommending and guiding methodologies involving data collection, criteria, and analysis.
- Preparing and reviewing technical project reports
- Chance to work in a dynamic and challenging environment where you will be able to reach your full potential.
- Constant learning and knowledge sharing with some of the most experienced engineers in the automotive industry.
- Career progression.
- Remote work.
- Shuttle bus from Barcelona and Tarragona and Internal car sharing app, to promote the sustainable transportation.
- We promote the training and constant learning and we offer paid specialized training and subsidized language courses.
- Subsidized canteen.
- 10 years of experience working with Java/J2EE
- Time & resources management
- Solid knowledge of understanding of Object Oriented design and programming
- Understanding of Software Design Patterns
- Solid know-how in Java/Spring/AWS
- Solid knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or similar.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.