Software Engineering I, Internship (Open)
Are you keen to start your software engineering career?
Would you enjoy working on our cutting-edge products?
Join us in shaping a more just world.
LexisNexis, a part of RELX, is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory, and business information. We help customers increase productivity and improve decision-making and outcomes. Our 10,500 experts and innovative tools help us shape a better world for our customers and communities.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer, you'll perform basic software development assignments within a particular function or product. 6-Months Internship beginning June 2024.
- Writing and reviewing portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple complexity
- Completing simple bug fixes, and resolving basic technical issues
- Implementing development processes, coding best practices and code reviews, under the guidance of senior engineers
- Operating in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders
- Keeping abreast of new technology developments
- Currently enrolled student working on a Bachelor’s, Masters’s or Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Cyber Security or possess equivalent practical experience.
- Must be graduating after June 2024.
- Have a basic knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Have a basic understanding of data modelling principles, data manipulation languages and storage systems.
- Have some understanding of test-driven development.
- Have an ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization, with various flexible and remote working options available to employees.
Working with Us
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Together, we are building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
About our Team
LexisNexis is a data and analytics company with 10,500 colleagues serving customers in more than 150 countries. We’re one of the largest information and analytics companies on the planet. We design solutions that help our customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and be more successful.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK .