Senior Project Management Specialist (Virtual)
Senior Project Management Specialist (Virtual)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Seattle, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Senior Project Management Specialist (level 5) to join the Integrated Planning & Scheduling (IP&S) group located in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking someone with experience delivering large-scale, design/build, and deployment of approved recommendations at division, business unit, and/or Enterprise levels to implement an advanced SAP capable Master Production Scheduling (MPS) Workbench to replace BRAIDSS - BDS's source system of record supporting advanced Master Production Schedule capabilities. The ideal candidate will work jointly and collaboratively with external technical specialists and our in-house partners and stakeholders to deliver on this high-profile and exciting project.
In this role, you will assist with all phases of the project and subsystems from inception through completion. You will direct and provide high level studies/analysis (trend, variance, impact), determine scope, reporting, and oversight of requested planning. You will assist with risk and opportunity identification, develop mitigation planning, and refine business requirements. You will serve as project contact to collaborate on common requirements and project objectives to obtain commitment on deliverables with internal and Enterprise stakeholders as well as participate in and lead continuous improvement initiatives with delivery teams and Enterprise partners.
In conjunction with the Program Manager responsibilities include:
- Serve as contact to cross-functional teams for day-to-day execution
- Identify changes to project scope or costs and assist with scope modification
- Facilitate, integrate and communicate project/program plan, schedules, change and baseline management
- Track assigned project performance in accordance with contractual documents
- Identify risk and opportunity potential, develop mitigation planning and assist with requirement refinement
- Lead studies/analysis (trend, variance, impact), reports, risk assessments and planning efforts to determine impacts, product development constraints and process improvements
- Demonstrate utility to manage work across programs and in different areas of the value stream
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with project stakeholders (including customer internal shared services groups, subcontractors and vendors) to meet contractual requirements and meet project goals
- Collaborate with business partners and resources to meet assigned project delivery goals
- Identify and implement opportunities for process and quality improvements that promote cost reduction
- Lead status, planning, and lessons learned meetings
- Lead and support implementation teams, forums, training, and manuals
- Share best practices across business units
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and will not require the selected candidate to relocate.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with program management / project management
- 5+ years of years of experience in Critical Path Methodology, analysis and reporting.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- A Bachelor's degree or higher or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in applying Earned Value Management (EVM) methodology and analysis.
- Experience using Milestone Professional.
- Willing to travel up to 10%
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+13 years' related work experience, 19 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Boeing is a Drug-Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for the 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Estimated summary pay range for senior level 5: 141,950 – 192,050
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 5
Job Code:WASMI5 (P21)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)