Senior Director Software Engineering
As a Technology leader Do you want to drive solutions in Primary Care?
Are you looking for a leadership role that will build groundbreaking solutions in Clinical Workflow?
About our Team
This mission driven team builds and implements mission driven solutions in Health Solutions. We focus on solutions for Oncology, Radiology, and primary care in underrepresented areas.
About the role
Technology leader building long-term strategic plans, oversees organization’s budget/planning. Entrusted with directs the definition and implementation of customer requirements and creates the product vision.
- Mentoring leaders with teams of both internal and external technology resources. Successfully partner and lead large offshore resources in solving complex business needs.
- Making long- and short-term decisions in relationship to product development strategies as they relate to the overall business strategy. Perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed. Utilize best practices and understand emerging trends.
- Developing leaders to build senior leadership bench strength.
- Managing system and user acceptance testing cycles to ensure accurate and quality business solutions. Lead the development of technical standards and perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
- Serving as a primary technical point of contact for external technology resources. Recommend technical strategy and direction across functional area.
- Participating in the development and evolution of architecture. Consult with stakeholders to find alternative workarounds during system outages.
- Carrying out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Demonstrate proven expertise in partnering with and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs. Expertise and proven experience with various resource models such as Managed Services and Staff Augmentation models.
- Possess proficiency in multiple database technology, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, and leading industry trend knowledge. Knowledge in normalized/dimensional data modeling principles and their application to complex business needs.
- Display expertise in techniques for design and code reviews of offshore technical proposals. Proven knowledge and experience in project planning and management tools to manage project progress, budget, and scope.
- Experience in code reviews and development approaches. Expertise in industry best practices in offshore partnership development
- Possess extensive skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive.
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy.
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals’ advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organization that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
Growing Every Day
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
Colleagues Who Care
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Together, we create possibilities.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK .