Senior Business Thought Leadership Analyst
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 9,500 employees working in 30 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 155 countries. For more than 75 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The team is accountable for engaging with global clients to share Franklin Templeton Thought Leadership to bolster relationships and to advance Franklin Templeton’s market share.
In addition to supporting sales and our customers, the team develops programmatic thought leadership that can be shared at scale in the market. The thought leadership is shared in one-on-one client settings before and after a formal sales cycle and during client engagement opportunities.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Sr Business Thought Leadership Analyst?
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop actionable insights and refine materials to position Franklin Templeton as a thought leader in the industry.
- Work collaboratively across the firm in a global capacity to manage projects and deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Conducts primary research and analyzes data to support the team’s independent thought leadership around industry trends and best practices
- Works closely with leaders across the firm to build out business cases and implementation plans as well as share trends, ideas and presentations.
- Utilize industry resources and software to source relevant industry information.
- Actively engage with and develop relationships across the firm
- Analyze, gather and synthesize data and research to prepare drafts of thought-provoking insights for use
- Coordinate ideas, storylines, and technical content to build and refine materials
- Compile insights from multiple page white papers into draft executive summaries and presentation decks for further review.
- Build a set of core and transferable skills, including research, data analysis, professional writing, presentation building, executive presence, and an ability to synthesize data into a story and communicate it effectively to a broad audience.
- Assist in the coordination and development of client proposals
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree related to finance, economics, or business administration desirable
- Knowledge of asset management, finance, banking industries preferred
- Experience with database and analysis platforms
- Expert level of proficiency working with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ability to learn new subject matter rapidly and a desire to develop a deep understanding of the trends and challenges shaping Wealth & Asset Management
- Flexibility in approach with a willingness to adapt quickly and take initiative when working in unstructured environments with limited supervision
- Intellectual curiosity and dedication to mastering complex concepts, ability to learn technical subject matter quickly
- Ability to use data and clearly articulate complex ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences across levels of seniority
- Highly effective process and project management skills: coordination, execution, follow-up and attention to detail, proactively produce documents to track and report progress to team
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills (content development, delivery, public speaking)
- Collaborative work style and leadership presence with the ability to effectively interact and earn the trust of colleagues and senior management across the organization
- Hands-on content creation, including a variety of formats and delivery channels
- Familiar with research methodologies and databases, literature reviews, industry materials, and industry venues when thought leadership and insights are leveraged
Compensation Range: Along with base compensation, other compensation is offered such as a discretionary bonus, 401k plan, health insurance, and other perks. There are several factors taken into consideration in making compensation decisions including but not limited to location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. At Franklin Templeton, we apply a total reward philosophy where all aspects of compensation and benefits are taken into consideration in determining compensation. The salary, benefits and variable rewards will reflect the seniority of the position and a competitive market rate. We expect the salary for this position to range between $140,000 to $175,000.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 85% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
*Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at Franklin Templeton Careers to learn more about our company, career opportunities and recruitment process.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to accommodations@FranklinTempleton.com . In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.