Sales Manager, Insurance (Remote)
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is the essential partner in the assessment of risk. Within our Insurance vertical, we provide customers with solutions and decision tools that combine public and industry specific content with advanced technology and analytics to assist them in evaluating and predicting risk and enhancing operational efficiency. Our insurance risk solutions help drive better data-driven decisions across the insurance policy lifecycle – all while reducing risk. You can learn more about LexisNexis Risk at the link below. https://risk.lexisnexis.com/insurance
About our team:
Are you looking to join an industry-leading sales organization? Our Commercial Insurance team works with commercial lines insurance carriers to provide tools and solutions to help better understand the market and manage risk.
About the job:
The Sales Manager is a key member of the commercial lines sales team and will be responsible for managing several team members, provide coaching to new team members and assist with complex client challenges. They will also be responsible for growing revenue through the sale of LexisNexis Risk Solutions products to existing and new customers.
You'll Be Responsible For:
- The Account/Relationship Management Function with ownership of a designated territory and being accountable for the performance of a medium sized team of professional associates, or multiple supervisors of business support/operation roles Accountable for the budget performance.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent customer relationships at all levels, and act as liaison between sales support and our customers in order to provide superior service and solutions.
- Creating demand for the organization's products and services by raising their profile with customers
- Creating and implementing effective territory plans that include: developing and implementing a sales strategy considering new business growth, managing all resources necessary to drive new business; forecasting revenue; developing key contacts and business relationships within a new account including influential individual and high level decision makers.
- Providing subject matter guidance to associates, colleagues, and/or customers and addresses issues and opportunities with impact beyond your own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
- Embracing research analysis techniques to determine customer prospects that RISK products and solutions can meet prospective customer business needs. Contact these prospects and determine the business needs, decision makers to penetrate new business relationships.
- Understanding the value of RISK products and pricing as well as competitive offerings and articulate RISK benefits in a manner meaningful to a customer.
- Maintaining a current understanding of RISK competitor offerings (i.e., price, product, service, or solution) so that you can effectively sell the advantages of RISK over that offered by its competitors.
- Exercising full management authority, including performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination and other personnel actions
- Guiding, influencing and persuading others internally in other business areas or externally with customers or agencies
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in account management or business development of complex B2B integrated solutions, with large complex insurance companies.
- 7+ years P&C industry experience in a P&L or Quota carrying role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a team selling environment focused on client benefit and overall success of LN sales team
- Skilled at strategic networking, generating leads, building a pipeline, and closing business.
- Manage multiple concurrent activities, all with fluctuating deadlines and with dependencies of work by other departments, both internal and external.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and across multiple departments (technology, marketing, sales, etc)
- This position requires travel which includes overnight travel, around 25%.
Learn more about the LexisNexis Risk team and our culture here.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, having diverse employees with different perspectives is key to creating innovative new products for our global customers. We have 30 diversity employee networks globally and prioritize inclusive leadership and equitable processes as part of our culture. Our aim is for every employee to be the best version of themselves. We would actively welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK .