Sales Manager (Flanders)
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
We are looking for a Sales Manager for the Dutch speaking part in Belgium.
Your primary activities are:
Capacity to engage and lead a team in an empowering culture:
- Leadership of a team of sales representatives.
- Engage and mobilize your team to achieve the sales objectives.
- Maximize the results nationally by understanding your district, prioritizing, effectively analyzing and being able to remove roadblocks for the team.
- Implement the plan, monitor execution and results, and adapts when needed to accomplish business objectives.
- Organize district meetings/Therapeutic Area meetings/group learning experiences and ensure follow-up of the taken actions.
- Identify and recruit talented sales representatives.
- Coach and develop the members of your team on soft skills and capabilities (selling skills, product knowledge, territory management, multichannel mix, etc).
Deliver exceptional customer experiences with your team
- Understand selling techniques, marketing strategy, brand strategies and SPP techniques.
- Catalyze and integrate Value Based Selling (VBS) within message implementation.
- Make sure that implementation is focused on adding value to the customer (HCP, caregiver, patient).
- Catalyze and embrace multichannel touchpoints by salesforce by actively integrate and stimulate digital activities and touchpoints. Optimize the channel mix when defining the sales action and implementation plans.
Cross-functional mindset and team collaboration
- Give input in product strategies and tactics through the customer team governance. Be the internal voice of the customer.
- Active participation, with medical and marketing, in defining and optimizing activity implementation and customer program needs.
- Ensure identification and notification towards the concerned internal services, of the adverse events, complaints or counterfeiting, encountered during the sales calls or during scientific events. Ensure compliance to the sample management process.
- Close collaboration, communication and sharing practices with your colleague Sales Manager as you are together responsible for the overall sales results.
Ability to embrace an external focus
- Reassure execution of the customer feedback surveys and install a customer focused mindset with the sales team.
- Be the intermediate contact person between professional health care associations and marketing when needed and requested, especially in the context of cross industry initiatives (sponsorships, congresses, …).
- Create a trustworthy connection with some of the HCP’s in your region to have a direct link for external focus
- Act as solely sales connection person with Patient Advocacy groups upon request from marketing in the context of potential educational end disease-oriented collaboration or project implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Min. 5 years of pharmaceutical sales experience, incl. min. 2 years of sales management experience, with a proven track record of successes.
- ‘Achieve results with people’ is key for you.
- Experience managing and developing direct reports.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are customer oriented.
- Excellent impact and influencing skills.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have the necessary IT skills (Office 365, Veeva, etc).
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.