Mobility Client Sales Director (U.S. West)
Company:Cox Automotive - USA
Job Family Group:Sales
Job Profile:Mobility Client Sales Dir - CAI
Travel %:Yes, 50% of the time
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
This person must be located in the Mid to Western United States.
The Mobility Client Sales Director is responsible for supporting growth through new logo sales and/or maintaining a book of business across Mobility Fleet Operations solutions for Mid to Westcoast U.S. It is critical to the role that the individual can help create, shape, and evolve a tailored strategy for fleet companies with the ultimate goal of driving revenue through the sales of TMcare, Emergency Roadside and future subscription services revenue through the FleetNet solution set. Key to this role is the ability to cultivate relationships with new and existing clients, manage and enhance senior stakeholder relationships and articulate the Cox Automotive Mobility Strategy and balancing sales activity with client development efforts.
The Mobility Client Sales Director needs to be adept at evaluating and adapting their strategy to keep up with current business trends within the fleet space. The Mobility Client Sales Director works closely with the internal teams to drive the client relationship and ensures Cox Auto / client relationship alignment with key decision makers and influencers to execute the overall client strategy.
In addition to the industry and business acumen needed for the role, The Mobility Client Sales Director should also possess a grasp of our value proposition across all Cox Automotive solutions and clearly articulate the business case for partnering with Mobility Solutions. All new logo sales will be required to be sold on a contractual basis. Services will only be sold to fleet prospects with class 4 to 8 vehicles.
- Manage sales revenue goals of $6M of existing clients and new logo sales.
- Retain and grow Cox Mobility Clients: Build long-term, trusting relationships with a range of senior contacts at all levels within assigned market fleet segments.
- Develop, maintain, and execute a strategic account plan for each assigned account driving penetration and revenue growth.
- Meet regularly with key decision-makers and stakeholders from each account to advise clients of business and industry trends while coordinating group goals, strategy, and multi-year co-solutioning road map.
- Help the C-suite and other key decision makers identify and establish a strategic roadmap or blueprint for business success and position Cox Automotive as the partner to help them achieve their vision and derive maximum value from their Cox Automotive.
- Work with the cross-functional partners and operations during new account launches, pilots and projects.
- You will also serve as the escalation point for issues that impact the client’s success and are accountable for issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Responsible for the financial performance of New Logo Sales or a defined book of business.
- Deliver monthly and quarterly forecasts, Meet or Exceed target performance. Effectively utilize CRM as the point of record for forecasting and client engagement.
- Prepare and conduct effective meetings and presentations with C Suite and Board Room stakeholders.
- Determine the right frequency to meet with all assigned clients based on account plan(s), each client’s individual needs, as well as prioritization across all customers.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Required Experience & Specialized Knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10 years of progressive experience in account management sales experience in a multi-platform product environment. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 8 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and up to 5 years of experience; or 14 years’ experience in a related field.
- 10 years of experience in upselling products and services to medium, large and enterprise level accounts.
- Experience meeting and exceeding account retention and sales growth objectives.
- Excellent time management, organization, and task prioritization skills.
- Collaborative team-selling experience.
- Ability to travel regularly (50-70% of the time for day and overnight trips) for client meetings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Executive Presence, experience selling to the C-Suite/Board Room.
- Strong Executive Presence.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Highly proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous experience in Class 4-8 Fleet Maintenance, Fleet Leasing, or mobility solutions (preferably fleet services, digital and/or subscription products).
- Proven experience partnering with Executives to mutually plan, prepare and execute within a complex sales cycle.
- Experience in SAMA competencies.
- Demonstrated and complete understanding of Cox Automotive Mobility solutions; general understanding of all other Cox Automotive companies.
- Previous experience using Salesforce.com or other Customer Relationship Management system.
- Knowledge of medium and heavy-duty maintenance and vehicle fleet operations strongly preferred.
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Compensation:Compensation includes a base salary of $101,900.00 - $169,800.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. In addition to the salary range identified herein, this role is also eligible for an annual incentive/commission target of $75,000.00.
The Company offers eligible employees the flexibility to take as much vacation with pay as they deem consistent with their duties, the Company’s needs, and its obligations; seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year; and up to 160 hours of paid wellness for their own wellness or that of family members. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
About Us:Through groundbreaking technology and a commitment to stellar experiences for drivers and dealers alike, Cox Automotive employees are transforming the way the world buys, owns, sells – or simply uses – cars. Cox Automotive employees get to work on iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book and industry-leading dealer-facing companies like vAuto and Manheim, all while enjoying the people-centered atmosphere that is central to our life at Cox. Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page. Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.