Manager, Campus & Influencer Marketing
Her Campus Media is the #1 media portfolio for college students and Gen Z. Our brands -- Her Campus, Spoon University, College Fashionista, InfluenceHer Collective, and Generation Hired -- reach an audience of over 130 million social followers and 19 million monthly unique users, and count more than 50,000 influencers and student ambassadors at 1,500 colleges in our global network. Whether through content, resources, events, or other experiences, our mission is to support, celebrate, inspire, amplify, and equip Gen Z to realize their dreams as individuals and for society. We also power full-service, integrated marketing programs for the world’s top brands, who partner with us to create authentic, meaningful connections with our audience.
Her Campus Media is made up of passionate, entrepreneurial, ambitious doers who are fired up about cultivating the next generation of leaders and changemakers. We are a small but mighty team of individuals, most of whom identify as women, committed to continuing to build a dynamic and inclusive organization where we want to work. Visit our Careers page to learn more about our culture and what makes us tick at hercampusmedia.com/careers!
Her Campus Media is seeking a Manager, Campus & Influencer who specializes in Campus Marketing and Brand Ambassadorships to join our team full time. This person will play a critical role in the execution and scaling of our campus marketing offerings including but not limited to digital, experiential, sampling and ambassadorships while also providing thoughtful, strategic recommendations and support throughout our campaign processes.
A creative and nimble culture, ambitious, engaged and passionate community members to work with, a focus on a key growth area for the business, and opportunity for growth make this an ideal opportunity for a talented and capable self-starter interested in a meaningful role at the forefront of the campus marketing space. This is a management position and will involve supervising one or more associate-level employees.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee post-sale campus & influencer campaign strategy and execution from start to finish, focusing primarily on campus digital, experiential, sampling and ambassadorship programs and working closely on first-to-market and VIP brand partnerships in coordination with Activation leads and Integrated Marketing leadership
- Strategize, review and approve ambassador-facing campaign materials and guidelines (including timelines, messaging, and scope of work requirements) based on client parameters and requirements
- Determine campaign promotion and outreach strategies, reviewing application materials, approving target ambassadors for projects, and conducting outreach and follow-ups as needed
- Set and manage community compensation budgets and assist team members to negotiate fees as needed during execution, working cross-departmentally to ensure all ambassador compensation is processed properly
- Review community campaign agreements, working cross-departmentally to ensure all FTC guidelines and legal requirements are met
- Collaborate cross-departmentally on campus marketing initiatives and serve as a point of contact for clients, providing best-in-class community marketing counsel specific to brand, target, consumer and marketing objectives as needed
- Manage one or more associate-level employees with possibility of future team growth
- Stay abreast of campus marketing trends and culture; develop new resources and conduct regular trainings with internal teams on best practices, process updates, and industry trends
We believe the following will set you up for success in this role. If you don't have all of these qualifications, please still consider applying and tell us more about what makes you a great candidate for this role! We value unique perspectives, approaches and backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree (or other college degree) preferred
- 5-6 years of campaign management experience required, ideally at an agency in client-facing role(s) and/or managing campus and brand ambassador relationships and marketing programs
- 1+ years of experience managing and developing junior staff while working on complex projects
- Demonstrated strong interest and knowledge in brand ambassadorships, college campuses, and the campus marketing industry as well as a pulse on trends in the space
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make decisions, liaise comfortably with clients, students/ambassadors, and campus administrations and manage relationships via email, on the phone and in person
- Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and eye for design
- Superior organizational abilities
- Self-starter with go-getter attitude, positive and upbeat nature, and excellent work ethic who is a team player and excited about working in a startup environment
- Proficiency in social media, particularly TikTok and Instagram, as well as Mailchimp, Asana, Microsoft Office, Canva and Google Drive
Benefits & Perks
- Eligibility for performance bonuses
- Choice among six health insurance plans
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan with company matching
- Unlimited PTO and flexibility to work remotely
- Extremely generous company holiday policy, with twenty (20) paid federal and office holidays including two (2) floating holidays each year
- Highly parent-friendly culture, including 12 full weeks of parental leave plus additional 4 weeks of part-time parental leave, all fully paid
- Summer Fridays
- FSA and HSA offered
- Life insurance
- Optional short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Free One Medical membership offering same-day primary care over video or in person
- Free Health Advocate services to help navigate the healthcare system
- Dog-friendly office (if in Boston)
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000
Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s skills, experience, and other factors.
Interview Process & Expectations
To apply, click the “I’m interested” button to upload your resume and submit a cover letter as well as any portfolio materials you have if applicable.
Our timeline is to make a hire by October 2023. You can expect 2-3 rounds of interviews, including an initial phone screen and subsequent interviews with leaders on the Integrated Marketing teamsas well as one of HCM’s Co-Founders. You will be asked to submit a short work sample to demonstrate your understanding and approach for this role.
Please refer to our Interview Prep Guide (hercampusmedia.com/careers/interview-prep) for a general overview of our hiring and interview process and what we look for in applications.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.