Lead Cloud Engineer
Company:Cox Communications, Inc.
Job Family Group:Engineering / Product Development
Job Profile:Lead Cloud Engineer
Management Level:Manager - Non People Leader
Travel %:Yes, 5% of the time
Work Shift:Day (United States of America)
Flexible enough for the SMB and powerful enough for the enterprise, RapidScale, a Cox Business company, is a global managed cloud services provider helping organizations increase IT productivity, improve security, and empower remote workforces. Some organizations partner with RapidScale to manage portions of their IT, while others offload it all. Through our global network of data centers and our 24/7/365 high-touch support team, we obsess over creating an exceptional IT experience through a human approach to managed cloud.
RapidScale is one of the fastest growing Cloud Computing companies in the industry. Based in Irvine, CA, the company has a solid track record of delivering world class products and services to our customers located throughout the country and around the globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization with marked success in application virtualization for both Windows and Mac applications. The company also provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions via an enterprise “Flex Pod” cloud stack.
The Lead Cloud Engineer position works independently identifying areas for improvement for current processes, procedures, and technical challenges to drive innovation, scaling, and stability. This role will be tasked with deploying and/or support our complex customer base. Responsible for collaborating with all teams to optimize and reduce delivery and support times of our product offerings.. This individual may serve as an escalation point for issues requiring engineering assistance and will consistently demonstrate proficiency in resolving complex Service Delivery problems.
This position requires working independently with minimal management oversight. Duties include planning, coordination, and completion of optimization and installation activities. On-call is possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values
- Service Delivery technical leadership:
- System Administration
- Enterprise support
- Cross-functional engagement
- Will assist with lingering complex installation activities when dedicated engineer is stuck
- Be a customer interface/advocate
- Provide support for the organization’s Sales Engineering team
- Works directly with Service Delivery, Architecture, and Support groups to act as technical expert for escalation and help resolve lingering challenges.
- Code or Script innovative methods to deliver our solution stack more quickly
- Work directly with the development team to enhance the Portal UI
- Create and maintain working relationship with RapidScale and Cox project management teams
- Provide backup on-call support for after-hours emergencies and critical outages when primary on-call resource is unavailable
- Continue to expand on existing knowledge and expertise with existing RapidScale products
- Lead and operate within the context of an established strategic direction and vision
- Enforce and adhere to all company and team standards
- The lead Cloud Engineer will be expected assist all other technical disciplines as needed when installations are delayed or stuck for technical reasons
- Customer service focused, positive attitude, professional, and welcoming characteristics
- Strong ability to work in a highly sensitive and confidential environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle sensitive and pressured situations
- Ability to identify issues and help develop tactical plans for various department initiatives
- Ability to use good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to use a PC, keyboard, and other standard office equipment
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years’ experience in a related field
- Able to handle multiple tasks, manage priorities, and always remain professional
- Must have the ability to distinguish low impact from high impact problems with little direction
- Able to understand complex solutions and relay effectively to customers
- Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must demonstrate personal motivation and enthusiasm
- Values continuous learning and self-improvement and supports the development of other Implementation Engineers
- Ability to create innovate methods to deliver solutions more efficiently and faster
- Must possess problem solving for complex problem resolution with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively with little impact to the flow of operations
- Ability to make decisions with strong processing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must communicate effectively and in a professional manner
- Experience with quality assurance process and procedures
- Previous leadership or mentoring experience
- Previous customer interaction experience
- Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job Responsibilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines
Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
Fast paced, positive, high-energy environment. Can have high levels of stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS:
All positions at RapidScale have role-based levels of access to networks, systems, customer, and company information. Information Security is a top priority and access granted is limited to only necessary systems and information required to perform the expected job responsibilities. In this position, as an employee, you are required to protect and maintain the integrity of our company and customer information. These protections include information assets including customer and company information for any PHI, PII, billing, contact, and other related personal or proprietary information.
About Us:Cox Communications is all about creating moments of real human connection; and for employees, that’s true both in the workplace and in the problems we solve for customers. From building advertising solutions to unleashing IoT technologies to creating an exceptional experience for customers in our retail locations and online, we’re creating a world that is smarter and more connected. Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page. Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.