Inside Sales Representative
Inside Sales Representative
This is a remote position-candidate must be located within the Southeast, central or eastern time zones.
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We are bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine.
The Inside Sales Representative engages customers in an Omni-channel approach in order to deliver the best customer experience possible. Works as a trusted partner to provide products and solutions to our customers, advancing the practice of veterinary medicine. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and have a passion for optimizing the customer experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent; advanced degree or coursework in Marketing, Animal Science, Business, or Administration or similar field preferred.
- Knowledge of animal science or veterinary technology through course work or animal health-related work experience is preferred.
- One to two years’ in a sales environment utilizing suggestive selling techniques; one to two years’ customer service experience is essential. Call Center Environment experience is a plus.
- Excellent collaboration skills and a proven ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Capable of self-managing and spear-heading new initiatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products.
- Order entry experience with experience with AS/400 (iSeries) a plus.
- CRM experience desired with Sales Force a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience as a Veterinary Technician or work in the animal health care industry preferred, but not required.
- Ability to influence the customer by identifying needs and providing solutions.
- Maintains knowledge of company products, technical solutions, value proposition initiatives and the veterinary industry to support customer needs and company initiatives.
- Engages with customers via a combination of inbound, outbound, and multi-channel communications to manage order processing, resolve questions, and provide product and solution information.
- Drives customer awareness and engagement of our products, solutions, and Technology Services including Global Prescription Management and Specialty Compounding via a consultative selling approach.
- Preserves and drives customer engagement in Technology Solutions while understanding customer needs.
- Communicates frequently with all levels within company and cross functional teams.
- Utilizes internal sales and service tools to provide customer value including detailed programs and promotions geared to customers.
- Achieves monthly and annual sales and profit goals by following and adhering to sales processes as outlined by Management.
- Establishes proactive contact cadence with assigned accounts. Completes pre-call plans for proactive initiatives. Completes daily proactive engagement in order to inquire about customer needs and promote company initiatives.
- Documents customer interacts and outcomes in CRM.
- Executes first level customer service requests and coordinates with appropriate departments and personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with field sales team members to ensure timely and proper servicing of accounts and foster a team effort on account management.
- Maintains data and customer updates in CRM and ERP system. (i.e. phone numbers changes, delivery schedule, and special requests).
- Leads and assists in other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Salary may vary depending on factors such as confirmed job-related skills, experience, and location.
However, the pay range for this position is as follows.$24.90 - $46.25
We offer the following benefits for you to take advantage of while you are here provided you meet the eligibility requirements under each governing program:
• 401k savings & company match
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Maternity leave
• Parental leave
• Military leave
• Other leaves of absence
• Health, dental, and vision benefits
• Health savings accounts
• Flexible spending accounts
• Life & disability benefits
• Identity theft protection
• Pet insurance
• Sales Positions are eligible for a Variable Incentive
• Certain positions may include eligibility for a short term incentive plan
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.