Customer Sales Manager - Military
Here at Kraft Heinz, our US Sales team aspires to be an Indispensable Partner with a Growth and Winning Mindset, acutely focused on Superior Execution every day. This is our guiding compass to grow something great and make life delicious!
The Customer Sales Manager (CSM) owns the selling efforts with their customer as a member of a Customer Business Team (CBT). The position represents & serves as the face of Kraft Heinz to the Customer’s Operations Team and Brokers Operational Team and Distributor Team. The CSM leads all categories effectively, responsible for all the selling activities across the portfolio their customer to deliver revenue and share objectives and Perfect Store Initiatives. The CSM pursues business strategies to grow the company franchises using customer-specific programs, provides category management expertise, and ensuring that coordinated cross-functional sales value is delivered through implementation of the sales plan and shelving objectives.
Due to customer connectivity we would require this position to be located in the Richmond, VA Area.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Build Kraft Heinz business with a Growth Mindset measured by profitability achievement, share gains, revenue targets, special programs, new and core item introductions/distribution through implementing prices strategies for all assigned categories
- Effectively penetrate the customer to establish rapport at all levels and to fully understand the customer, their business, and the marketplace
- Partner with the CSL/Sr. CSM to drive efficient and effective trade programs to deliver the best value and administers volume and trade promotion spending levels within budget while handling trade dollars as percent of revenue for maximum results
- Leads regular category & business reviews with the Broker & key account management personnel to affect positive business growth through seamless communication.
- Leads and/or assists with major business reviews and customer visits, including annual reviews and “top‐to‐top” meetings
- Leverages available resources to elevate executional excellence across cross functional business planning in category mgmt., supply chain efficiency, technology, local marketing to facilitate growth
- Applies insight information, both internal and external, to build total customer profits and plans
- Achieve CBT New Item Authorization and Distribution goals, promotional revenue objectives by tactic, price point, Drive Period & Selling Event for their assigned categories and customer.
- Define retail execution priorities through collaboration with Customer Business Team (CBT) and in alignment with Perfect Store
- Evaluate Store performance to develop routing recommendations and optimization.
- Drive transparency of retail execution impact to the CBT through communication of monthly scorecard results, pre/present/post event performance, and critical store level insights
- Collaborate and align with CBT and/or broader Retail Execution team on action plans to course correct as needed.
- Train internal or 3rd party Supervisors on Kraft Heinz and CBT knowledge: product knowledge, playbook utilization, competitive set, seasonality, etc.
- Establish relationships with key collaborators within CBT or 3rd party.
- Use data and benchmarking to see opportunities and implement action plans that impact results including frequency, coverage, response rates, training or product knowledge
- Communicate competitive information to CBT and Retail Execution leadership.
- Drive consistent approach and continuous improvement to simplify workstreams, identify and share standard methodologies, and deliver efficiencies
- Accountable for staying within planned cost structure (i.e. coverage model hours)
Expected Experience & Required Skills
- Proven experience in annual cycles leading customer management, account management, and/or retail sales management for a complex Sales role in a CPG company
- Tested experience in building effective customer relationships to drive customer loyalty/engagement while selling to achieve objectives.
- Clear examples of exhibiting superlative interpersonal skills (written, verbal, and presentation) with potential to negotiate and influence effectively
- Exhibits strong financial acumen-understanding of profit, revenue drivers and return on investment analysis, with proficiency in deploying and managing trade in previous roles
- Tested examples exhibiting critical thinking & decision-making skills through utilizing data to story-tell and drive business results across multiple stakeholders
- Willing to travel 10-20% out of the area as needed
Work Environment & Schedule
This position is considered a Field based environment; role requires frequent travel to customer locations, stores, manufacturing facilities, etc. Additionally, this role requires ability to work a salaried, exempt schedule to best execute against customer and internal expectations.
Physical demands include but not limited to
- Willingness to drive and/or travel as needed
- Operate a computer and view screens for ~100% of work schedule
This job description is not designed to cover or contain all duties or responsibilities that are required of the role. Duties or responsibilities may change or be added with or without notice.
#LI-Location: Richmond, VA
Location(s)Employee's Home - GeoBase Salary Range: $96,800.00 - $121,000.00Target Total Cash Range: $121,000.00 - $151,250.00Target total cash represents this role's annualized cash earning potential at target (base salary + target bonus). Target total cash is contingent on targeted company performance achievement and individual attainment of performance goals. Therefore, target total cash is not guaranteed earnings.The compensation offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require an accommodation to participate in the job application or hiring process should contact NATAI@kraftheinz.com .