Technical Support Representative, Tier 1 (Melbourne Remote, English Language Requirement)
Turnitin is revolutionising the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalised feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 33 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, California, with international offices in Newcastle, Utrecht, Seoul, Melbourne, Noida and Mexico City.
We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin offers a great benefits package and provides challenging and inspiring work.
You will play a critical role in the delivery of world-class client support and are responsible for responding to technical and non-technical customer queries. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a technical or customer support background to expand our Product Specialist team. The successful candidate will possess very strong problem-solving and communication skills. They will thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, and process the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This role is best suited for a self-starter who is comfortable working with internal and external customers.
- Proactively support the Turnitin product line via primarily email, (sometimes phone & live chat), ensuring problem resolution, system access, and optimal system performance.
- Coordinate closely with Engineering and Product Management on all product issues & releases
- Develop positive customer and cultural relations.
- Assist in the translation, maintenance, and updating of technical documentation associated with the product line.
- Support other strategic initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or applicant with experience working in a customer support role
- Fluent spoken/written English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, set priorities, work independently, and perform under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material and possess excellent judgement.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas or D2L
- Broad understanding of web technologies and Software as a Service (SaaS)
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily – solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation – whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces or hybrid.
Turnitin LLC and all related Group and Subsidiary Companies are committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to it programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Accountability- Holds oneself responsible for required actions, and ensures that team members/colleagues/ peers also own responsibility for their designated tasks while meeting collective team and company goals. All in service of creating a high performing environment
- Collaboration & Influencing- Effectively communicates and cooperates with peers, partners, leaders & customers to achieve outcomes. Builds relationships and creates an environment wherein people can naturally work together for the good of the company and our customers.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfil 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status, domestic partner status, AIDS or HIV status, height, weight, or association with members of a protected class.