Business Intelligence Analyst II (USA Remote)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
Turnitin is a pioneer in education technology with its roots in academic integrity, delivering flexible assessment solutions to higher education institutions, high schools, and graduate programs. Turnitin is building innovative new products for the next decade of education. We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst II.
The purpose of this role is to drive analytics and support the implementation of key organizational initiatives where data are integral to Product usage and health. You’ll work cross-functionally and collaboratively with Portfolio Strategy, User Experience, Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, Tech, and other teams to define data requirements; collect and process data; develop data models; conduct analyses, visualize, and provide reporting. As part of Product Strategy Operations, you’ll increase efficiency and automation of data analysis processes.
Key Responsibilities and Outputs
- Gather, organize, and analyze data across products, programs, and teams
- Document data and identify gaps in data across different products
- Monitor and maintain data quality and integrity within the Product BI infrastructure
- Use data analysis tools to draw insights and create recommendations that improve Product Strategy Operations and Product Management
- Gather feedback and enhance Product Strategy Operations assets including but not limited to BI workflows, roadmaps, and standard operating procedures
- Provide ad-hoc support on data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Train and support users on new and modified data systems and reporting
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the education market, for teaching and learning, and related to product operations and program management
- 2+ years of experience with data analytics, impact evaluation, or related fields
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and formats such as SQL, Excel, and Tableau
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience dealing with large (1+ million-row) datasets
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Master's degree in business analytics, information management, or a related field
- Experience with Gainsight, Salesforce, and Alteryx, DBT, or other ETL tools
The expected annual base salary range for this position is: $83,339/year to $125,009/year. This position is bonus eligible / commission-based.
As a Remote-First company, actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if extended, and is determined by work location and a range of other relevant factors, including but not limited to: experience, skills, degrees, licensures, certifications, and other job-related factors. Internal equity, market and organizational factors are also considered.
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily — solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This is what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation - whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces, or hybrid.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.