Front-End Software Engineer (POLAND REMOTE)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
As a Front-End Software Engineer you'll be responsible for designing and implementing user interfaces that are visually appealing, user-friendly, and efficient. You'll collaborate with various stakeholders, UI development efforts, and ensure the quality and usability of the final product.
- User Interface Design: Collaborate with stakeholders, such as UX (User Experience) designers and product managers, to understand user requirements and translate them into visually appealing and intuitive interfaces. Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to demonstrate design concepts.
- Responsive Design: Develop interfaces that adapt and function seamlessly across different screen sizes and devices, including desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. Implement responsive design principles to deliver a consistent user experience.
- Collaboration: Work closely with UX designers, back-end developers, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment between the visual design and technical implementation. Participate in design reviews, provide feedback, and iterate on interface designs based on user feedback.
- Performance Optimization: Identify and address performance bottlenecks in the user interface, such as slow rendering, excessive network requests, or inefficient code. Optimize images, utilize caching techniques, and implement code best practices to improve overall application performance.
- Testing and Debugging: Conduct thorough testing of the user interface to identify and fix issues or bugs. Use debugging tools and techniques to troubleshoot and resolve front-end-related problems.
- Documentation and Maintenance: Create documentation, style guides, and UI component libraries to ensure consistency and facilitate future development. Maintain and update existing UI components and interfaces as needed.
- Be well-versed in best practices in writing efficient, understandable CSS and accessible, standards-compliant HTML
- Understand front-end performance
- Familiarity with current front-end build systems
- Well-versed in writing and running unit- and integration tests
- Accustomed to iterative development practices - breaking problems down, shipping small pieces rather than long-running features, etc.
- Performance optimization, accessibility and internationalization experience
- Familiarity with WebComponents and/or StencilJS
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily — solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This is what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation - whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces, or hybrid.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.