Senior Integrated Media Planner
Merkle is a technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are looking to add an Integrated Media Planner to one of our Merkle Teams. You will be 100% remote, working Eastern Time Zone business hours.
Reporting to Director, Integrated planning, you will manage client plans composed of all media that correlates with clients' goals. You will also guide communication between other media departments.
We are a close-knit group that enjoys collaborating and bringing to life the best media solutions for our clients.
- Devises strategies and recommendations for media plans across all media, with an emphasis on full funnel media planning
- Oversee all planning and buying activities
- Present media recommendations to internal staff and client for approval
- Solicit added value opportunities for clients
- Work with other media departments to ensure smooth workflow and delivery to client
- Lead weekly status meetings/updates agendas both internally and with the client
- Create media specific documents such as flowcharts, MPAs, CDCs, and acquisition charts
- Negotiate best price and media placement for clients and resolve media discrepancies with vendors
- Build relationships with media representatives to maintain business partnerships, give account updates and briefings for industry trend
- Guide media representatives to deliver the best proposals that align with clients goals, pushing for the best rates, added value and identifying the greatest opportunities
- Oversee media contracts with outside media vendors
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all media components: Local TV, National TV, Outdoor, Print, Local Radio, National Radio; working knowledge of Digital
- Work with Coordinator on daily tasks to grow their knowledge base and expand individual management skills
- 'Manage up' to ensure communication
- Calculates reach and frequency of potential media vehicles for multiple demographics and plan options
- Explores and maintains research, innovations and changes that affect media and planning and buying
- Compile research data to identify insights to help support client recommendations with metrics
- Provide full in-depth analysis of campaign performance and ratings weekly
- May have 1direct report
- 2+ years of media buying and planning throughout multiple U.S. markets within an agency or client environment across all media, including digital
- Experience with Strata Broadcast Systems
- Experience with DCM/Campaign Manager
- Experience with research resources, such as @Plan, Kantar, Comscore, Nielsen/NetRatings, and AdRelevance, and other research/planning tools
What you get:
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Opportunity to get experience with a variety of leading brands
- Agile work environment, in office, remote or hybrid based on location and preferences
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible time-off
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
The anticipated salary range for this position is $51,000-$83,375. Actual salary will be based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other factors permitted by law. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
Dentsu is the network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities in the sustainable economy. Taking a people-centered approach to business transformation, dentsu combines Japanese innovation with a diverse, global perspective to drive client growth and to shape society www.dentsu.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact your recruiter if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.