Sales Manager - San Francisco Territory
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- To be effective in selling you will need to have commanding knowledge of our products and services, target customers, competition in the marketplace, and industry trends
- Implement sales plan to promote growth of our products and services
- Conduct visits and meetings with proposed / current clients within sales region
- Performing sales presentations on complex scientific products
- Manage sales productivity software tools for effectively tracking selling activities
- Collect competitive information about clients and competition to assist in the development of marketing and sales plans
- Provide reporting to management on a regular basis on region developments
- BA/BS (preferably in a Life Science, such as Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.)
- 2+ years experience in Life Science research
- 5+ years experience in Genomic Sales
- Must be able to present complicated scientific data in a logical manner
- Must posses excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently, and meet deadlines and quotas
- Regular travel within sales region of San Francisco, CA
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
The ideal candidate would possess:
- The ability to identify and contact decision makers through cold calls, research and networking with existing clients, or other methods that will help in the sales process
- The ability to develop a strong technical background in molecular biology or genomics
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Excellent Full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Pay range: $100,000.00-$130,000.00 + competitive commission plan
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.