Financial Analyst - Remote
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Financial Analyst will empower our business units with actionable data drawn from billing system and unit databases. The Financial Analyst will focus on providing data on a regular cycle and ad hoc basis that will instruct one of three key areas: (i) revenue recognition (best possible estimate of cash collection derived from current billings), (ii) billing operations (areas for enhanced collections and process improvement and (iii) payer relations trends (payment and denial trends to identify areas for payer negotiation, process improvement, or appeals efforts).
The Financial Analyst will collaborate with senior financial, billing and other executives by developing an in-depth understanding of the business, applying financial analysis to enable thoughtful decision-making, and enhancing financial analysis tools to identify opportunities for improvement. Although the position will not initially directly manage staff, the successful candidate will build relations with other finance team members and throughout the organization to coordinate financial analysis, reporting, and finance support activities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Design, prepare, modify, and develop selected recurring and ad-hoc revenue cycle reports within given projects
- Conduct research and ad-hoc analysis to support project goals
- Quickly identify business needs based on a proposed issue and assess its overall impact to revenue cycle
- Provide thorough recommendations based on analyses to our project teams and stakeholders to support strategic decision-making
- Review, process, and analyze large amounts of information related to revenue cycle
- Document project needs as they relate to business requirements, test case planning, and other project artifacts
- Strong fluency in billing system navigation, report generation, and data export for further analysis
- Consistently meet deadlines in a time sensitive and resource constrained environment
- Promote teamwork and maintain high level of satisfaction within project teams
- Prepare a detailed and timely monthly financial analysis of the company’s operations for distribution to Eurofins’ executives
- Prepare presentation materials for monthly and quarterly financial updates
- Assist in the coordination and preparation the company’s annual budget from a billing and revenue perspective
- Prepare meaningful financial analysis and reports to support business decisions, assess investment opportunities and identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide backup and support for sales operations, including understanding of costing and pricing models
The successful associate will gain an in-depth understanding of the financial models, including:
- Understand the formulas and calculations that impact outputs and periodically audit the outputs to ensure accuracy
- Maintain and update input tables
- Develop an in-depth understand of the data warehouse and Business Intelligence tools to extract and transform data into useable information
- Serve as a financial expert for the company, providing ad-hoc financial analysis
- Coordinate financial analysis and reporting to ensure consistent, accurate reporting across the company
- Develop relationships with parent company personnel and external auditors
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting and/or Information Systems required
- Minimum of five years of professional work experience
- Core understanding of accounting principles
- Superior knowledge of various software applications such as Great Plains, Xifin, spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports
- Ability to thoroughly and clearly communicate business issues verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Self-directed and driven with ability to solve problems, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Highly analytical with ability to identify, research, resolve and communicate financial issues
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding payroll, potential acquisitions, or other sensitive data
- Ability to work outside core business hours as needed
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.