Analyst, Supply Chain
Must reside in the state(s) specified above. This position is only open to residents in the state(s) specified above.
Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in related field
Strong Excel skills Strong Communication Skills, both verbal and written Strong understanding of SQL Academic or work experience with supply chain operations – inventory planning, network optimization, warehousing, transportation logistics, etc… Ability to develop actionable insights and influence others through analysis of large data sets Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, tools, and techniques
Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, engineering, or related field Experience building reports, analyses, and data visualizations, using Tableau or PowerBI Ability to create and deploy complex data models Strong skills utilizing MS Access to write/design queries joining relational tables Strong programming skills - particularly Python
VBA, R, and C++ also considered
Experience with Google BigQuery or Snowflake
Experience with SAP
Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve productivity, quality, and cost via data and process analysis, and technology adoption. Participate in the design and implementation of new supply chain systems across a regional network of distribution centers. Serve as a change agent to align internal and external partners to drive transformative initiatives. Identify and recommend value added net new technology, quantifies value, and recommends adoption plan.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Identifies, gathers, and synthesizes raw operational and supply chain data for analysis. Determines data and process anomalies and recommends action plans for resolution.
- Presents actionable insights to drive data clean up, process improvement, compliance, improved technology utilization, or new technology adoption.
- Supports enhanced technology utilization or net new technology adoption efforts through data analysis, process observation, and soliciting user feedback. Collaborates cross-functionally and with third party consultants to drive technology transformation initiatives.
- Supports training and problem resolution for internal and external customers to drive successful design, implementation, and sustainability of supply chain systems solutions.
- Assists in the development of decision support tools and financial models to analyze the cost/benefit tradeoffs of technology solutions.
- Collaborates with DC associates, management, senior leaders, and consultants to drive successful design, implementation, and sustainability of supply chain systems solutions.
- Documents business requirements, functional and system design, processes, and procedures.
- Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, and/or problem analysis.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of our people.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.