Director of Product (B2B EdTech SaaS)
Imagine a world where every future professional applying to higher education programs is admitted based on a holistic view of who they are as humans - their lived experiences, soft skills, and academic achievements - widening pathways into education.
Now, picture these schools equipped with tools that enable smoother program operations and performance analytics to drive insights that empower better student and program outcomes.
At Acuity Insights, we are bringing that to life. Right now, we do it with our admissions assessment products (Casper & Duet), program management product (One45), and data & insights product (Analytics).
These products help schools select, nurture and graduate future doctors, teachers, engineers, business leaders, and other professionals who represent the diversity of our communities and will bring empathy, integrity, resiliency, professionalism and other human skills into their work.
Acuity Insights is a purpose-driven EdTech company with a vision to create a world powered by everyone’s full potential. Our roots are firmly planted in health and medical education, and we are at a new stage of growth: we are branching out to more vertical markets and exploring other possibilities to expand and scale our social impact.
You now have a chance to help write this next chapter in our company's story when you join us as Director of Product.
The Director of Product position is a people leadership role. You’ll report to Chris Foster, VP of Product, and work remotely within Canada.
Opportunity & Impact
As the Director of Product, you can directly impact how we navigate business challenges ethically and responsibly while driving revenue growth. You will help solve challenges like how to create a strong emotional connection to Casper's value, how to expand One45 beyond its current market, and how to scale Analytics to capture a large addressable market.
As a leader on the Product team, you will partner with the VP of Product, other executives and business leaders and provide input on our overall product vision and strategy.
Combining data & market evidence with your product instinct & intuition, you’ll tell the stories that help us make better product decisions and push back on ideas you believe will not serve the market or our business, strengthening the balance between building products that customers want and products that will drive the market forward.
As a people leader, you can bring your philosophy and belief in empowered product teams to Acuity Insight. Your curiosity and creativity will help you teach our teams new and creative ways to learn from our customers - from in-product “fake doors” to full 1:1 product discovery sessions; you will empower our teams to become masters of the art of product discovery.
As a people manager, you get to grow future product leaders. You’ll leverage your knowledge and wisdom as a practitioner to mentor your team, guiding them through their professional development. You will actively support them in levelling up as Product Managers and help them navigate the changing landscape around them.
As a functional and team leader, you’ll bring your curiosity for knowledge, drive to be better, and expertise in product discovery & GTM to elevate our Product function and optimize it for scale. You’ll lead the team through quarterly and annual planning, support them in creating and accomplishing OKRs, and ruthlessly prioritize where to allocate their time & resources. You’ll be on the ground, talking with clients, building, and learning alongside them.
As part of a cohesive Product, Research, and Engineering team aligned behind shared objectives, you’ll build and nurture relationships with leaders and collaborators from teams like Sales, Customer Success, Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Operations. Seeking input and listening to their perspective, you'll deepen your understanding of the business, evolve your opinions, and inform your decisions.
Your success is measured on two key metrics: the increase in unique applicants and the increase in learners.
You’ll know you are meeting expectations and thriving when:
- Your team is engaged, pushing the bounds, and growing professionally.
- You’ve earned the trust of business leaders across the organization.
- Everyone at Acuity Insights sees and feels the impact of the objectives your team has set and delivered on.
To thrive in the role, you have:
- Been a Product Manager practitioner, well-trained in product discovery and in bringing B2B products to market in collaboration with other teams and functions, like Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Software Engineering.
- Worked as a Group Product Manager, Director of Product or related role in a high-growth B2B SaaS company below 500 people where you’ve helped scale the Product function and been part of year-over-year growth within your company.
- Philosophically aligned with empowered product teams and been part of a product-centric culture driven by market needs and business value creation.
- Experienced and comfortable talking about failures and the wisdom you gained from them, like products launched that had to be sunset.
- Navigated the challenges that come with working with brand-name clients.
- A knack for data-driven storytelling, knowing what constitutes good data, and leveraging product analytics tools like Pendo to tell the story around what’s working, what isn’t, and what you instinctively know will and won’t work.
- An outcomes-oriented mindset and flexibility to balance following processes and getting things done to drive outcomes.
- Not always worked in Product. You might have also worked in Customer Success, Software Engineering or something completely different, forming a broader perspective on how a product addresses problems in the market.
To thrive at Acuity Insights, you are
- Caring toward people. You show up, take time to listen and understand, encourage and support, and don’t shy away from providing feedback, mentoring and teaching others to help them grow.
- Curious by nature and open to possibilities. You like exploring, asking questions, listening, experimenting, and learning.
- Driven to problem-solve independently and with collaborators, seek to continuously improve your skills, methods, and practices.
- Adaptable with a preference for startup-like work environments where you can explore ways to contribute and create value, initiate and take ownership of your projects, and positively influence change.
- At your best when you can manage your work, time, and priorities independently and ask for help when you get stuck or seek feedback.
- Self-aware, with an understanding of your strengths and where you have growth opportunities.
- Motivated by meaningful work and the chance to contribute to creating a world powered by everyone’s full potential.
To ensure an equitable and inclusive process, all candidates will receive equal consideration for an interview, whether applying, introduced as a referral or contacting the manager or recruiter directly.
We look at every resume. Your application is evaluated based on the human attributes and professional skills, experiences & impact communicated in your application.
We do not offer sponsorship if you apply from abroad. You must reside in Canada and be eligible to work here to be considered for an interview.
Our interview process is designed to be a two-way discovery and create space for meaningful conversations. We want to learn who you are as a human & professional, understand your experiences, assess your skills, and ensure alignment with our mission, values and business needs.
We encourage you to be curious and ask insightful questions throughout our conversations.
Here are the steps you can expect:
- Review & Selection. A human, not an AI, reviews your resume and assesses your experience and application responses against our hiring criteria.
- Intro Conversation with Recruiter. If selected, you’ll have a 45-60 minute phone call to share your background and professional interests and learn more about the company, team, role and compensation.
- Meet The Manager. Have a 60-minute video call with your potential future manager to discuss relevant experiences and learn more about the function, team and day-to-day.
- Prepare a Case Study. Help us understand how you think, work and collaborate by preparing a presentation that takes us through a project from idea to launch.
- Meet The Team. Present your case study, connect with 4 future peers and collaborators in 1-on-1 video conversations, and learn more about the team, role, and life at Acuity Insights.
- Wait For a Decision. The Hiring Manager consolidates and evaluates feedback from the team to make a hiring decision within 2-4 days.
- Receive an Offer / Reference Check. If you're a good fit for the role, team, and company, we'll invite you to an offer conversation. The offer is contingent upon the completion of a reference check.
- Fair Compensation. We offer salaries based on internal pay equity, market considerations, and responsible & sustainable financial practices.
- Investment In Your Growth. Access an annual budget of $3,000 for your professional and personal development.
- Remote Work & Flexible Hours. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere within Canada and the autonomy to set your own schedule.
- Self-Directed Vacation. Take charge of your vacation schedule and duration with unrestricted paid vacation days, supported and encouraged by your manager.
- Collective Time Off. Join the team in disconnecting from work for two weeks at the end of the year and enjoy extra Fridays off throughout the year.
- Other Paid Time Off. Take comfort in knowing you won’t feel a financial impact when you need time off due to a medical or family emergency, lose a loved one, or just need a day to nurture your mental health and well-being.
- Parental Leave. Bond with your new addition, whether you are a birthing parent, non-birthing parent, or expanding your family through surrogacy or adoption.
- Company Ownership. Get a piece of future profits with employee stock options granted on your start date.
- GRSP Matching Program. Save for your future with our Group Registered Savings Plan in partnership with Wealthsimple. We match contributions up to 2% of your salary.
- Comprehensive Health Coverage. Enroll yourself and your dependents in our health, dental, and life benefits plan through Equitable Life of Canada, starting from day one.
- Holistic Wellness Support. Receive personalized support for your physical, mental, social and financial well-being needs through our membership with Cyno.
Get to Know Us
Acuity Insights is a Canadian product and research company established in 2014. We were founded on 15 years of research by co-founders Kelly Dore (Ph.D.) and Harold Reiter (M.D MEd), who invented our first product, Casper, at McMaster University in Ontario.
In 2021, we partnered with a private equity firm for an investment. It enabled us to acquire One45, a healthcare education software company, expanding our team and offerings beyond admission assessments (Casper & Duet) to program management and data and insights (One45 & Analytics) for higher education institutions.
Behind Acuity Insights, you'll find a diverse team of 125+ caring, curious, and driven individuals collaborating remotely across Canada and some international locations.
We are committed to creating a supportive & collaborative culture built on respect for all individuals. We prioritize transparency, equity, and inclusion in our business operations, policies and programs.
Diversity and inclusion fuel innovation, build better products and contribute to healthier business outcomes. It’s our company's strength and priority. We encourage individuals from non-traditional backgrounds or historically marginalized and underrepresented groups to apply and join us in helping higher education institutions implement and practice holistic and fairer admission processes.
Thank you for considering Acuity Insights as your next workplace!