A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
Big Viking Games is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Technology team! Reporting to our Senior Engineering Manager, you'll be working on our flagship games - YoWorld and FishWorld! The ideal candidate will be a seasoned devops engineer with extensive cloud experience. This role will be expected to split their time doing both maintaining the current game infrastructure and executing modernization projects. This position is offered 100% remotely.
- Work with engineering leadership in developing and executing initiatives and best practices
- Develop, implement and maintain our cloud infrastructure in AWS
- Participate in code reviews
- Ensure game uptime in liveops environment.
- Participate in incidence management and root cause analysis
- Encourage and build automated processes wherever possible
- Develop monitoring tools for measuring KPIs
The Must Haves:
- Excellent communication skills
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional or equivalent knowledge
- 2+ years of experience in operating a Kubernetes Environment in production
- 3+ years of Terraform experience in an AWS environment
- 4+ years of Development experience
- 3+ years of using Containers inside a liveops environment
- 2+ years of Security and Penetration testing
- Java and/or PHP experience
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live ops environment
- A passion for games!
The Nice to Haves
- Experience using Ansible, Ansible Vault, Azure, AWS Secrets Manager
- Set up and/or Migrated CMS system
- Experience with ArgoCD, Helm, Groundcover, Redis, Memcache, and MariaDB would be highly beneficial
- Github or other code repository
- Competitive salary, bonus program, Group Retirement Savings Plan matching & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including generous time off policies
Becoming a Viking:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.