The Federal Civilian Business Unit is looking for a Software Engineer III - Front End to join the State of Colorado, DAAP Team. This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
The Federal Civilian business unit supports a wide range of customers that span the federal, commercial, and non-profit space. Our customers include the General Services Administration, Office of Personnel Management, PAN Foundation, Library of Congress, Social Security Administration, Health and Human Services and the USDA US Forest Service. We partner with these agencies to build new capabilities, deliver products, establish data as a strategic asset for informed decision-making, modernize legacy systems, and build the digital service infrastructure necessary to scale their mission impact by applying approaches proven in consumer technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
In this role, you will serve as an emerging individual contributor within a team, expanding your leadership, guidance and mentoring skills. With the support and guidance of leadership, you will be responsible for supporting the goal of meeting scope, schedule and delivery requirements. You will interact with stakeholders and utilize influential skills to drive improvements in software engineering processes and practices. Primary expectations of a Software Engineer III - Front End/ Back End include:
- Estimates and completes development tasks including coding, requirements gathering, and analysis with a little feedback and guidance from their team
- Practices technical and communications skills to improve context knowledge and mentor junior developers
- Assesses and diagnoses issues with the systems they own, prioritizing problem areas based on alignment with other practice areas
- Participates in on-call rotations with their team as necessary
- Presents on and writes about their work to both internal and external parties
- Participates in planning sessions, building understanding of major architectures and design patterns
- Supports recruiting efforts by evaluating homework assignments and potentially assisting with interviews
- Exhibits influential skills to drive improvements in team engineering processes and practices
- Exhibits a comprehensive understanding of the business, how practices interact, and what customer problems we're solving
- Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years of engineering experience
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
- Progressive experience with relevant technologies, understands roles with which they interact and how their work impacts business goals
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $X-X and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Job Reference: 2243
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/