POSITION TITLE: Strategic Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Transformation Office
Ora values the daily practice of …
Prioritizing Kindness * Operational Excellence * Cultivating Joy * Scientific Rigor
The Strategic Project Manager is a new role supporting our newly created Project Management Office at Ora. The Strategic Project Manager will facilitate, enable, and support critical and high-impact projects within the organization, guiding cross-functional teams and functional leaders to execute against a project plan, scope, and budget, ensuring projects have necessary support and resources to achieve agreed upon outcomes and deliverables. This role is remote and will report to the Director, Enterprise PMO.
What You’ll Do:
- Participates in, and provides advice and input to, activities related to project scope, purpose, schedule, budget, risk management, and quality assurance.
- Execute the PMO's strategic vision and objectives in alignment with Ora’s strategic goals.
- Enforce project governance standards, methodologies, and best practices to ensure consistent project execution.
- Maintain project management policies, processes, and templates.
- Support project prioritization, resource allocation, and risk management.
- Monitor project progress, budgets, and timelines to ensure successful delivery.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including senior leadership, department heads, and external partners, to ensure project alignment and success.
What We Look For:
- Experience needed for the Role:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, International business, Management, or a related field.
- 3+ years of project management experience with a proven track record in leading and delivering complex projects, particularly those with a strategic focus.
- Excellent project management skills, including project planning, budget management, risk management, and resource management.
- Knowledge of PMO best practices and industry standards.
- Additional Skills & Attributes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in strategic planning, change management, and process improvement.
- Proficiency in budget and resource management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in defining and tracking KPIs and metrics.
- Understanding of risk management and the ability to develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proficiency with Excel, MS Project and other project management software and tools.
- Competencies and Personal Traits:
- Attention to Detail: Ability to analyze data to drive successful solutions to complex problems.
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership: Ability to lead with a positive mindset and empathy.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Willingness and desire to learn new things and dig deeper than the surface.
- Innovative Mindset: Forward thinking, creative, and open to testing, making mistakes, and trying again.
- Organization and Goal Setting: Ability to set goals, develop structure, and maintain a focused approach to critical path work.
- Resolve Conflicts: Practice radical candor in your communication and participate in active listening to help the other person feel heard and understood.
- Seek Meaning and Purpose and a Desire to be Part of Something Bigger than Yourself: Crave being part of a team that works together under shared values to achieve significant positive impact in the wider world.
What We Offer:
- Well-Being: Offering comprehensive healthcare options in Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning day 1.
- Flexible PTO & Unlimited Sick Time: Providing you the freedom to unwind and recharge when you need to in addition to 14 company paid holidays.
- Financial: Competitive salaries along with a 401K plan through Fidelity with company match.
- Family Support Care: Adoption and fertility assistance provided along with offering 16 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance: Offering peace of mind to help you and your family feel secure.
- Remote & Wellness Reimbursement: We'll reimburse you to support your remote workspace and wellness purchases.
- Employee Assistance Program: No matter what issues you're facing, New Directions is here to help you and your family.
- Career Development Opportunities: Continued opportunities to grow and develop your career journey.
- Global Team: Opportunities to work with colleagues across the globe.
- Impact: A chance to research new ophthalmic therapies that will impact patients across the globe.
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time employees of Ora working a minimum of 30 hours per week. Our per diem workforce is eligible for Medical and Dental coverage once they have hit 6 months of service and work an average of 30 hours per week.
Our mission is to weave together people, processes, and technology to support innovation in ophthalmology around the world. We believe our business should be a force for good — to improve, heal, and change how we see. As a global company, our vibrant community and culture are nurtured by our core values: Prioritizing kindness, cultivating joy, operational excellence, and scientific rigor. Through our commitment to these values, we have built an inclusive and supportive work environment that fosters respect, accountability, and a fulfilling work-life balance for every team member.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. People of color, the LGBTQIA+ community, disabled candidates and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Ora is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and fair, equitable compensation regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.