Marketing Portfolio Manager
Experience:Senior (5-10 years)
BPM – where caring and community is in our company DNA; we are always striving to be our best selves; and we’re compelled to ask the questions that lead to innovation.
Working with BPM means using your experiences, broadening your skills, and reaching your full potential in work and life—while also making a positive difference for your clients, colleagues, and communities. Our shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. Our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger. Because People Matter.
BPM is looking for an experienced Marketing Portfolio Manager to join its fast-paced Marketing and Corporate Development team. Working closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, this person is responsible for ensuring that all functions across go-to-market, digital, content and brand work together cohesively and align with the company's overall business goals. The Marketing Portfolio manager will also be responsible for tracking performance against marketing objectives, revenue goals, budget, and adjusting marketing plans as necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess strong core product owner and project management skills, demonstrating a minimum cumulative experience of five years at a senior level. You must be comfortable working in a rapidly growing environment requiring agility, flexibility and coaching. Recent participation in or strong collaboration with a Marketing team is critical for success in this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative team in a new role. We are looking to change the status in the way we work and show up.
What you get:
· Total rewards package: from flexible work arrangements to personalized benefit structures and financial compensation options that give you choice and flexibility
· Well-being resources: interactive wellness platform and incentives, an employee assistance program and mental health resources, and Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) that…
· Balance & flexibility: 14 Firm Holidays including 2 floating, Flex PTO, paid family leave, winter break, summer hours, and remote work options, so you can balance challenging yourself with taking care of yourself
· Professional development opportunities: A learning culture with CPA exam resources and bonuses, tuition reimbursement, a coach program, and live classes, workshops, and seminars through BPM University
Who is successful at BPM:
· Caring people who put others first
· Self-starters who embody the BPM entrepreneurial spirit
· Authentic individuals with a diverse point of view
· Lifelong learners with a drive to excel
· Resilient people who rise to the occasion
- Coach, facilitate and lead: Coach the Marketing Department on best practices for product ownership, program management, project management and core agile principles. In partnership with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and the Marketing Leadership team, foster a healthy and productive team environment. Facilitate consistent bi-directional communication channels. Encourage individual contributors to communicate concisely about concerns, risks and issues with their managers and on projects. Coach on the value of individuals in the success of the Marketing Team goals.
- Backlog refinement: Support ongoing backlog refinement and reinforce concepts of prioritization to help the team target delivery for high impact, high value work. Continue to adapt and improve tools and processes for backlog grooming sessions and encourage full Leadership team participation during ranking sessions. Provide feedback, coaching and address impediments when there are conflicts or competing commitments.
- Project management: Manage a variety of marketing projects from planning through delivery. Liaise between project members, cross-functional teams, external vendors and other stakeholders to define deliverables, requirements, schedules, cost and meeting plans. Implement project management quality standards and methods that ensure on-time, in-scope and on-budget delivery of commitments. Work with marketing product owners and project managers to support adherence with the marketing workflow.
- Planning and scheduling: Responsible for planning and scheduling various project workloads. Gather and analyze information to prepare status reports on projects and work to develop CMO visibility into team resourcing and workloads. Ensure that assignment and scheduling of work is aligned to the Marketing Department and BPM culture. Further enhance WBS (work breakdown structure) templates and Effort estimating by team and bring into retrospectives.
- Process improvement: Evaluate current processes and procedures, recommend changes to improve the efficiency of discovery, planning, scheduling, delivery, and close out of projects. Ensure relevant projects conduct and document preliminary research and retrospective activities to build data and encourage continuous improvement. Work with the team to continue to develop, implement, and train on processes to improve the Marketing delivery quality and team culture, and sense of ownership of their processes.
- Portfolio health monitoring: Oversee all Marketing department projects ensuring product owners and task owners continue to develop a stronger sense of ownership and commitment. Communicate critical information to the CMO and Marketing Leadership. Participate in weekly Leadership meetings, team meetings, discovery meetings, and planning meetings as needed. Help drive strategy for a high impact portfolio of marketing activities based on quality commitments and workflow management suitable for capacity. Work with the CMO to encourage team cooperation toward unified Marketing department goals.
- PMO (Project Management Office) liaise: Function as the primary liaison from the Marketing Department to the PMO. Participate in the PMO by contributing Marketing perspectives and feedback for improvements while promoting best practices at BPM. Represent Marketing in the PMO project intake vetting process for cross-departmental projects. Technical tool support, ongoing tool improvements and collaboration with the PMO for future tools ensuring viability for marketing adoption.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience driving projects from initiation through delivery leveraging and building project management tools such as Monday.com, Asana, Wrike or other; at least one year within a marketing team. Prior experience at a professional services firm is a plus.
- Experience as a Sr. PM, PO, Scrum Master and/or Agile Coach.
- Marketing and negotiation experience required.
- CPO, PMP, CSM, ACP or similar project management-related certification preferred.
- Experience improving team efficiency, productivity and stability through the implementation of best practices and processes. Comfortable working directly with C-Suite and individual contributors. Desire to nurture and support a high-performance team in a challenging, quickly evolving environment.
- Ability to effect change and motivate a diverse group of individuals. Must possess initiative, resourcefulness, be accurate & persistent. Must be able to establish a high level of credibility with their clients.
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to work with a wide variety of people and projects in a collective and collaborative manner.
- Impeccable attention to detail; strong written, verbal and communication skills.
- Maintains professionalism and a "can-do-attitude" in the execution of all project-related assignments and evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas to life.
- Builds trust and sets other team members up for success.
- Knowledge and passion for coaching and team transformation.
- Excellent communication and leadership, as well as emotional intelligence, persistence and perseverance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
$100,000 - $125,000 a year
Wondering if you should apply?
At BPM we are people who value people. We are progressive and purposeful. We are a firm with flexibility. Our
shared entrepreneurial spirit drives us to see and do things differently. And our passion for people makes BPM a place where everyone feels welcome, valued, and part of something bigger.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Remote location allowed
Level of experience :Senior (5-10 years)
Check out the description to know which languages are mandatory.