Public Relations Vice President, Enterprise Technology
Experience:Expert & Leadership (>10 years)
About us: Highwire sets the standard for high-impact communications and marketing for global technology and healthcare companies, connecting reputation to revenue. We are a sought after partner for leading B2B companies across AI, data, cloud and developer solutions. We are looking for a leader to help grow the enterprise technology practice.
At Highwire, we believe that storytelling fuels transformation. And the most impactful stories represent all voices and perspectives. As a values-driven agency, we foster an inclusive environment, where everyone—regardless of age, race/ethnicity, size, shape, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and different abilities–can feel safe, celebrated and worthy.
We ensure every Highwire Walker has unique support to climb to success. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging is permanent and foundational to our business and culture. We aspire to change our industry and build a better future for all.
Our people-first culture is driven by four core values:
We’re looking for individuals with big ideas, strong opinions, and the energy to bring them to life. If you thrive in an environment that values personal accountability, high standards, and boundless motivation, this is the opportunity for you. Be part of our award winning culture and contribute to an exciting and growing business where you can make a real impact.
We are based in San Francisco with offices in New York, Boston and Chicago. However, we are also open to hire in the following states: Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington.
About the role: The Public Relations Vice President, Enterprise Practice, position is a unique career-building opportunity to become one of the leaders for an award-winning B2B enterprise technology communications and digital marketing agency.
The Public Relations Vice President, Enterprise Practice, will be a hands-on team player, leading by example and championing our people and culture. This leader will be an energizing catalyst for growth with 10+ years of experience delighting clients, managing teams and fostering a strong culture. The individual will also help drive new business for the enterprise practice, coach teams as they build new areas of expertise within the B2B technology sector and build strong, trusted client relationships. This person will serve as a mentor, manager, and leader for our growing enterprise technology practice, providing guidance on client management, staff development, and strategy. If you have been waiting to discover a leadership role that allows you to be a catalyst in a thriving, meaningful workplace, then Highwire might be just the place for you.
- Lead by example, and foster a culture of excellence and innovation within the Enterprise Tech Practice.
- Utilize your 10+ years of experience to ensure client satisfaction, oversee project success, and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Play a pivotal role in driving new business within the enterprise practice, identifying opportunities, and contributing to proposal development.
- Serve as a mentor and manager, providing guidance on client management, professional development, and strategic direction.
- Support and coach teams in building expertise within the B2B technology sector, fostering ongoing learning and living the agency values of a growth mindset.
- Contribute to the development of the overall strategy for the Enterprise Tech Practice, aligning it with the agency's goals and vision.
- Collaborate with enterprise B2B clients and their executive teams, driving communication strategies that align with their goals.
- Identify and address organizational challenges and emerging issues, devising and executing effective communications strategies.
- Manage the daily operations of client accounts, including budgeting, planning, and staff development.
- Recruit and oversee a communications team to execute strategies effectively. Mentor and develop staff members, ensuring ongoing growth and achievement. Establish and track staff performance goals and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Attend industry events to maintain professional development and expand business contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of experience in operational-level communications, either in PR agencies or enterprise tech b2B in-house teams.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills with a minimum of 5 years of senior leadership experience with demonstrable impact on clients, company, and team.
- Extensive industry knowledge encompassing a minimum of three key areas within B2B enterprise technology: artificial intelligence, data infrastructure, cloud, storage, app and software development, and analytics, etc. In-depth knowledge of the B2B technology sector.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining strong client relationships. Ability to develop strategic insights forming the foundation of integrated client plans.
- Strong business development acumen with a history of contributing to new business growth. Ability to measure ROI in communications activities.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop strategic insights forming the foundation of integrated client plans.
- Proficiency in cultivating connections with C-level executives at tech enterprises.
- Experience with social and digital programs, including engaging leaders for integrated client plans.
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with top-tier reporters and editors, achieving high-impact media placements.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications specialists.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to influence and engage with direct and indirect reports to provide guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Experience identifying and pitching new clients. Proficiency in leveraging a robust network of potential new clients, and partners to bolster the enterprise practice and drive business growth.
- Demonstrated expertise in effective new business development, supported by a verifiable history of successfully securing and maintaining new clients.
- Ability to work with a team of leaders to guide the direction and culture of the agency.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excel in a dynamic setting with multiple competing priorities.
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Hybrid work model to suit your schedule and lifestyle
- Excellent vacation policy including an extended break for summer and winter holiday
- Participate in Empower Hours on Fridays; Team has the ability to log off by 3 pm
- 401K Match
- Medical and dental benefits/ FSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefit
- Home office equipment stipend
- Growth Mindset Stipend of $100 annually for books, exhibitions, etc.
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefit
- Donation Match
- Full-time writing Coach
- Monthly recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus
- New business referral bonus
- Quarterly Highwire fun events – Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many opportunities for learning and growth
The duties delineated above will vary depending on the needs of each specific account, and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This individual will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisors.
We are actively seeking candidates who possess a genuine passion for tech PR and are excited to expand our team. As we continue to grow our agency, we are proactively building a pipeline of exceptional individuals to connect with and consider for future opportunities.
If you are enthusiastic about the world of tech PR and are eager to embark on a rewarding career in this field, we encourage you to start the conversation by applying today. We value your interest in our agency and look forward to hearing from you.
Apply now and let's explore the possibilities together!
If you have been targeted by a scammer, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission here. Highwire will not send recruiting-related emails from any other email domain name or variation other than @highwirepr.com. Highwire will never request your bank account, credit card, or credit score as part of our application process. If you receive a suspicious email not sent from a team member, specifically at our @highwirepr.com email address, or if you receive suspicious outreach on social media, please forward the communication to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can review and flag the fraudulent domain and user IDs for removal.
Remote location allowed
Level of experience :Expert & Leadership (>10 years)
Check out the description to know which languages are mandatory.