Mixbook is an award-winning design platform giving consumers unrivaled creative freedom to design and share one-of-a-kind stories, transforming the lives of more than 6M people. Today, we are the #1 rated photo book service in the US with 26K 5-star reviews and a profitable, growing business. Customers love Mixbook for our powerful and intuitive editor, superb quality, designer themes, and our fanatical customer service.
Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
Our Product Team is growing as we write the next chapter in Mixbook history! We are seeking a Senior Mobile UX Designer to apply their mastery to creating delightfully smart and magical experiences for our customers, shuffling gracefully between entrepreneurial innovation to day-in-day-out iterative craftsmanship. You are a human-centered usability advocate who leverages research and data insights to design unforgettable experiences that meet our customers’ needs. You are an all for one, one for all teammate with a passion for outstanding usability, beautiful design and delightful experiences.
- This position is fully remote in the US.
- Start times on some days as early as 7am PST to participate in status and ideation meetings with our dedicated engineering team in Moldova.
Mixbook is looking for a phenomenal Senior Mobile UX Designer to shape the future of how we interact with our memories. We are building new creative experiences and artifacts to relive and share memories with both AI/ML- and GenAI-powered storytelling tools and technologies, whilst utilizing intuitive, and sometimes unconventional interfaces. As the primary user experience designer for our mobile apps, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process working closely with the Product Manager and Tech Lead. From exploring Mixbook’s next mind-blowing innovation to iterating/improving/refining ideas driven by insights from research, user testing and data analysis. All of our efforts make a huge impact on Mixbook’s product vision of serving customers who want complete creative control or a fully automated design experience, on any device.
Our Product Design Principles:
- Anticipatory. We meet our customers’ needs at the right moments to make it easy and delightfully convenient.
- Immersive. We simulate the real experience of our product and show what is possible.
- Harmonious. Users learn how to use our product once, and they know how to use it on any device.
- Clarity. While good design is perceived to be more usable, we also believe that high quality and trust is reinforced through design excellence.
Please provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates your experience in end-to-end product design.
What You’ll Do
- Design simple, clear, data-driven, human-centric experiences that anticipate customers’ needs and delight them
Represent the voice of our users, ensuring their needs and preferences are at the forefront of our design decisions.
- Drive the product discovery process through research (quantitative and qualitative), ideation sessions, collaborative workshops and/or design sprints.
- Analyze research results and translate them into actionable recommendations, ensuring that the team fully grasps the user's perspective.
- Create low and high fidelity designs / wireframes and rapid prototypes that drive product discovery and innovation
- Participate in high-level, strategic decisions collaboratively with Product Manager and Tech Lead
- Create detailed reports and presentations of research findings, ensuring all stakeholders are informed and aligned.
- Ensure a unified customer experience across all channels and touchpoints
- Evangelize design excellence by galvanizing our design vision, principles, and strategy across teams, functions and the company
- Encourage and exchange ideas to continually improve our design process
- Participate openly in an ego-free team culture
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends, technologies, and tools and provide insights on how to apply them to our product
What You’ll Need
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field.
- 7+ years of overall work experience, with at least 5+ years in UX/UI design for high-quality consumer web and mobile experiences (ios & Android).
- Proven UX Designer experience with a compelling portfolio showcasing mobile app solutions.
- Experience in designing direct-to-consumer native mobile apps.
- A portfolio of case studies that showcase your proven skills in solving real customer problems, compelling with provocative visual designs and delighting with modern interaction design
AI and Machine Learning:
- Experience in designing for automation using AI and machine learning technology to enhance the design/customization experience a plus
Tools and Methodologies:
- Proficiency in design tools like Figma and prototyping tools such as Framer, Proto, and Principle.
- Knowledge of design thinking methodologies, user research, and testing techniques.
Communication and Problem-Solving:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence cross-functionally
User Research and Testing:
- Experience in planning and executing qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Capable of proposing and conducting user tests impartially, deriving valuable insights for design improvements.
- A strong commitment to designing with the end-user in mind, prioritizing their needs and preferences.
What You’ll Enjoy
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fully-covered premiums for you and your family
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave for birthing parents and 12 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Unlimited paid time off (plus vacation bonuses!) and flexible schedules
- $2,000 per year for external learning and development
- 401k + match, monthly events, travel opportunities, and more
Our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love.
Unlike many growth companies, we have invested deeply in culture. Organizational health is central to our long-term strategy – we believe that when we love our people, they will love our customers, and our customers will love our business. We’ve adopted Patrick Lencioni’s principles from his book, “The Advantage”, and work diligently to foster a healthy environment - characterized by high morale + productivity, low turnover, and minimal politics + confusion. Our team is built on a foundation of vulnerability-based trust, engaging in constructive conflict, focusing on results and the following core values:
- Scrappy (Act like an entrepreneur)
- Caring (Heart of empathy)
- Craftsmanship (Spirit of excellence)
If you’re a candidate who values a healthy, thriving organizational culture and understands the importance of actively contributing to it, we invite you to apply.