Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower students with financial support and supercharge their ability to pay down their debt so they can get on the right financial track fast.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholars to help students pay less.
As a Senior Product Manager on our Lending team, you will:
- Help drive the strategy and development of our lending and refinance experiences that enable students to reach their higher education goals. Our goal is to enable as many students as possible to pursue their educational dreams and you will support this vision by creating experiences that make applying for student loans simple and straightforward.
- Building a great lending experience - owning the vision and strategy for your product area, and defining goals and success with clear, measurable objectives and key results
- Working with cross-functional leaders across all strategic and product areas of Earnest to gain buy-in, forge partnerships, and build enthusiasm for the product vision
- Creating well-scoped requirements that deliver clear customer value and prioritizing work for teams of engineers, designers and data analysts
- Execute product commitments effectively to consistently deliver meaningful impact to customers and our business
- Working with data and business intelligence analysts to perform deep data dives to generate actionable insights that inform your product roadmap
- Continuously experimenting to validate new hypotheses and drive towards your product’s goals
- Communicating project updates and results to key stakeholders, including executive leadership
- 5+ years launching and growing a successful consumer digital lending or fintech product
- Experience optimizing an online customer acquisition funnel with multiple channels and products
- An entrepreneurial mentality, with the desire to change the world and an impatience to get there
- An ability to think strategically and see the big picture, but obsessed with the details of the customer experience, never missing an opportunity to benefit customers
- A data-driven philosophy, which influences what you build and when you pivot
- Strong writing skills
- Executive presence with cross-functional team members of all levels, including C-level
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical field; MBA a plus
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.