Earnest’s mission is to make higher education accessible and affordable for everyone. We empower students with financial support and supercharge their ability to pay down their debt so they can get on the right financial track fast.
We build tools that help people feel in control of their financial future, including:
- Private student loans - low rates, people-first service, and flexible payments.
- Student loan refinancing - break free from high interest rates or monthly payments.
- Scholarships - access to thousands of scholars to help students pay less.
The Lead Marketing Analyst position will report to the Manager of Analytics and oversee a team of two marketing analysts.
As the Lead Marketing Analyst, you will:
You will play a key role in supporting our Marketing and Partnerships teams by turning business questions into data analysis and providing meaningful recommendations on our strategy. This role requires deep knowledge of the marketing landscape across Digital, Lifecycle, and Direct Mail channels as well as true analytical curiosity. You are comfortable analyzing and distilling insights from large amounts of marketing data across various channels and have experience with implementing various attribution methodologies to understand performance and inform marketing strategy. You thrive in a dynamic work environment and you enjoy having a wide scope of work to make an impact.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with key stakeholders across marketing, partnerships, finance, and analytics to drive efficiencies and inform overall marketing strategy
- Monitor the performance of a multi-million dollar marketing budget across Search, Display, Video, Affiliate, and Social in partnership with our Media Team and media agency.
- Evaluate marketing effectiveness through activities such as ensuring data delivery, implementing analytics processes, supplying insights, and communicating recommendations to optimize each of our marketing channels
- Partner with our media agency to implement advanced attribution measurement methodologies (MMM and MTA)
- Conduct in-depth analysis to understand the effectiveness and long-term impact of our awareness-marketing spend on the holistic business
- Enable marketing analytics across channels through pixel installation/implementation, conversion event tracking, lifecycle tooling, and platform management
- Build out analytics reporting to understand conversion and performance across our various partnerships
- Clearly and concisely communicate insights and results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Coach and develop a team of marketing analysts
- 4+ years of experience in a data analytics role
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing analytics role
- Bonus: 1+ years of agency experience
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing and media landscape
- Experience working within ad platforms to understand performance and build reports
- Experience implementing tags and installing pixels and events through Google Tag Manager
- Understanding of attribution methodologies and marketing measurement approaches and frameworks
- Experience manipulating and summarizing data using SQL
- Experience in Analytics Tools (Segment, Amplitude, Google Analytics and/or Looker)
- Experience with experimentation including designing and analyzing A/B tests
- Experience working cross-functionally with both marketers and data analysts
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together.
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.