AppLovin makes technologies that help businesses of every size connect to their ideal customers. The company provides end-to-end software and AI solutions for businesses to reach, monetize and grow their global audiences. For more information about AppLovin, visit: www.applovin.com.
To deliver on this mission, our global team is composed of team members with life experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that mirror our developers and customers around the world. At AppLovin, we are intentional about the team and culture we are building, seeking candidates who are outstanding in their own right and also demonstrate their support of others.
Fortune recognized AppLovin as one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2022, and is a Certified Great Place to Work in 2021, 2022 and 2023. Check out the rest of our awards HERE.
A Day in the Life
As a member of the Data Platform team, you'll create scalable solutions for technical challenges in our cloud-based platform. It produces hundreds of billions of unique events consumed trillions of times throughout our geographically distributed datacenters every day. Since we are small and agile, your contributions will play a big role in the direction of our growing company! This will be a 2-3 month long internship and start in Summer 2024.
- You are pursuing a BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Solid knowledge of Java
- Some knowledge of SQL
- You love to program, solve problems and build stuff
- Have experience working with big data systems (Spark, Hadoop, Pig, Impala, Kafka)
- Have experience working with Linux/Unix
- Have some experience with concurrency
- Have some experience with Scala
- Have some experience working with no-SQL databases
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hackathons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, etc.)
AppLovin provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. Total compensation at AppLovin is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, and other forms of incentive compensation (as applicable) may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to dental, vision, and other benefits.